1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BMW E90 Cluster working on BeamNG!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Master0wn3r, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Master0wn3r

Master0wn3r
    Expand Collapse

hello all,
    As some of you know I was working on some canbus related cluster stuff and our development has not sat still.
    The tool I made does everything I need it to but I decided to buy an BMW E90 cluster and update our Arduino code to be used with the newer cluster.

Currently one speedo, tacho and blinkers working but way more should be doable now.
    The older clusters (like the E46 one) use alot of analog signals which are very hard on the Arduino to recreate (performance drops)
    With the new E90 setup we went from 40+ wires on the E46 to 4 wires(!) on the E90.
    That shows what CanBus does in your vehicle. Ofcourse I will show a small demo and you can check our previous progress in my previous posts!

I can tell the E90 cluster works wayyyy better than the E46 one and can be made as realistic as possible if we can get more values out of beam and not be restricted to the maximum of outgauge :)

Any questions I will answer.

• Like Like x 20
    • Staff Pick Staff Pick x 3
  2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Nice project :)
    It's fairly easy to create your own little lua file that sends all the required data via UDP instead of relying on the outgauge data. Feel free to contact me if you need help with that :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Master0wn3r

Master0wn3r
    Expand Collapse

I will send you a message.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice