1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Brake Noise

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by BarstowTS, Jul 5, 2021.

1. BarstowTS

BarstowTS
    Expand Collapse

Hello, first time posting here long time player but i gotta ask is there a way to remove the brake squeal? I know its realistic and thats what i love about the game, but the noise drives me crazy. I stopped using the race brakes to reduce the noise somewhat but for time trials its so bad I'm on here asking for help... Ive been searching since it came out for a fix but still haven't been able to find anything. Thanks!

2. yesyes

yesyes
    Expand Collapse

Not 100% sure but, I think you'd have to get notepad++ and go through some of the game's code files and remove the sound.

3. BarstowTS

BarstowTS
    Expand Collapse

Dang thats what i was afraid of can i mess the game up jacking around in there? Also thanks for the response!

4. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Yes but if you mess up something just run a steam integrity check and it's gonna repair itself. And if it doesn't just reinstall the game, you won't lose any mods or configs or settings or whatever.

5. BarstowTS

BarstowTS
    Expand Collapse

Oh nice! I hate to even ask would you know what the noise files are called or like where to find them? I'm not real familiar with game files like at all lol

6. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Me neither, i have never looked into them, sorry.

7. yesyes

yesyes
    Expand Collapse

Probably located in all the individual vehicle files. I don't know where else they'd be.

8. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The sound files are passworded, only the devs know how to open it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I kinda wish I was a dev just to be able to see what sounds are in the hidden folder and which of them I can use in my mods

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice