Released Bridge of logs [PAID]

Discussion in 'Props' started by TonyCartony, Mar 30, 2023.

1. TonyCartony

TonyCartony
    Expand Collapse

I've been requested to implement a customizable bridge of logs; here it is and I am sure fans of off-road crawling will enjoy it!

It is a prop mod that can spawn in the following types:
    • Start base

• End base

• Single log (of three tree types)

• Portion of 5 logs

• Portion of 10 logs

• Portion of 20 logs

You spawn each element and connect it to another using its couplers (key "L" to toggle connection), clearly there is one direction to be respected: Start + <Logs> + End. The <Logs> can be any multiple combination of the portions and single logs above. Attention has been put to minimize nodes and mesh triangles, so that very long bridges can be created without affecting FPS.

The result can be like this (2x20 + 1x10 + 1x5):

There are the following parameters to control for custom bridges:
    • Bases
      • Fixed or Movable. The former is suggested for very long bridges, the second requires to properly tune bases weight, or the weight of the logs will pull them down.
      • Weight. Above bridge has been built using 100 tons bases. Maximum is 200 tons.
      • Soldering strength. This is the resistance of the chains before breaking.
      • Number of chains. One or two, to simulate a semibroken connection.
    • Logs
      • Soldering strength.
      • Number of chains. One or two.
    At the beginning iIt is not very easy to build it, I warn you, some practice and retries are needed. There is a basic explanation video below that shows how to do it. Once you master it you can also stretch the bridge before attaching the next piece, by using node grabber with mouse. This is what I did for the stretched bridge in showcase video.

Videos

----Featured by Cars VS----

----Basic Tutorial----

----Advanced Tutorial----

Purchase Instructions
    I am asking about one espresso coffe for this toy:
    Or buy the Bikes Hero Pack, or Crazy Pack it is included!

Updates

Like all my mods, you get lifetime updates of what you buy. For this one I have already in mind to add variants of plastic/metal logs.

Credits

As usual Common Creative 4.0 meshes are used:

#1 TonyCartony, Mar 30, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  2. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

im not a paid mod hater, ive paid for a few mods on here. but like... a log bridge? really?

• Agree Agree x 39
  3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It doesn't though??? I admit the tuning menu is not very intuitive but it is adjustable, idk how you missed it
    fdsfs.png

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. 1M_Funny_Things

1M_Funny_Things
    Expand Collapse

so there IS an official one... so what's the point of this mod?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Well the official one is made of planks, not logs, and it's extremely long, so this is different

6. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

with your logic of why re-invent the wheel, why does anyone bother modelling their own models then?
    modding will always require some fiddling of the models to work in beamng. this is the norm...

and your counter point seems to always be price increase, its not because you start selling your bikes on kofi that its suddenly going to be 20$, you have the power over your prices.
    if you increase the price, that is only your decision. nobody elses.
    but instead of having a bike pack that keeps raising in pricing, which is almost 10$ now. (im in cad so its higher then euro for me)
    you could have individual bikes for... oh idk 3-4$ ish each instead. (some 2.5 euro or somethin)
    best example i can give is with these awesome industrial mods.
    upload_2023-3-31_7-40-21.png
    are his mods 20$ no? weird... yet these are all made by that modder.....
    and you would also skip this whole painful email process... kofi is only one of the many alternatives that would greatly increase your chances of sales.

i know i can come off as rude sometimes, but seriously dude... you can do better then this 2.50 eur$ log bridge thing... seeing from your bikes project i know you got jbeam talent.

i loved the super bike so much i wasted probably 10 HOURS doing this and you know where it ended up going?
    ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE?!?!?!
    upload_2023-3-31_7-48-14.png
    why? because i need like a thousand more reference pictures because i want to model the engine and re-create this bike as realistically as possible.

what does this have to do with any of this? absolutely nothing.
    it just shows how much time gets wasted on a day to day basis, how many projects get scrapped because of not enough time. or pics, or etc.

i know how much time it takes to make quality work.
    but you dont even waste your time with reference models, "why re-invent the wheel" you say....
    to get more quality work.... why else would someone redo a bad polyflow of a free model taken from the web?

this bike stuff is just me personally wanting to see more detail. im a maniac to detail. i love it and cant get enough of it, it is literally what drives me forward in life.
    maybe one day ill make my own bike too. its always been in my interests. too busy with the hoonicorn project for the moment to start a major project like this tho.
    (bridge is really a smol side project lol)
    upload_2023-3-31_7-56-55.png

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

OP never made any free mod and never made any demo of paid mods. They went to this forum for the sole purpose of cashing in

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 2
  8. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the future! This is what happens when you buy paid mods. Anyone will willingly charge for anything now.

I hate this forum.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 3
  9. TonyCartony

TonyCartony
    Expand Collapse

No Agent_Y, you missed my point: with the suspension bridge you can tune its width, not its length, that is the most important feature of a customizable bridge. To me they didn't implement it because spawning variable count of flexbodies with own nodes linked together is not trivial via Parts Menu and they didn't think it was worth. Since one customer requested me explicitely I developed it and post it here in case someone else want it.

T.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

Gumroad is literally free and takes only 9% of your income, which is less than the 15-ish % that you were talking about earlier.
    It also offers decent buyer protection, supports both PayPal and credit cards, and is overall safer than your shady "friends and family" thing that requires you to send emails and other stuff.

Gumroad is better both for you and more importantly for buyers. People also get instant access to the mod instead of having to wait until you reply to their email. It also has an update system so you can push updates to all customers at once instead of having to send individual emails.

Your "it makes it easier for leaking" excuse is terrible as well. Reuploaders can just make a new email address and keep getting your mods anyway. No system has a proper way to prevent leaking. Gumroad is just better.

Friendly reminder that the message above is not "hate" as you like to use it as your universal excuse. Please consider switching to Gumroad as it's a better platform.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
  11. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

I would rather light $3 on fire
    Based

• Agree Agree x 8
  12. GEKA

GEKA
    Expand Collapse

Logging has always been a profitable business

Attached Files:

• BURZhUJ.gif
    • Like Like x 10
  13. TonyCartony

TonyCartony
    Expand Collapse

you made my day :D

14. DontKnowWhy186

DontKnowWhy186
    Expand Collapse

Sadly

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. DontKnowWhy186

DontKnowWhy186
    Expand Collapse

This isn't the same paid drama. The drama is about charging for free models that aren't his and the fact that this mod is so simple. Also, the way he only accepts friends and parents payments. He does this because PayPal takes most of the cut from service payments. And to finish this off, all his mods are paid, none of his mods were made with passion like @LucasBE and @LJ74 with their free mods. So Tony here is just here for the money.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. IShokku

IShokku
    Expand Collapse

$3 for BRIDGE OF LOGS? hell nah

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 2
  17. bmwcrazy456

bmwcrazy456
    Expand Collapse

Yeah this all feels like a holier-than-thou.

The mod seems to me like it could be reasonably worth $2.50, and it certainly has some unique features and applications. Not that I would ever buy it, but I'd never buy any of them anyway, so...

If he wants to sell it this way, it's no one's problem but his. If you're not comfortable with it, don't buy it, but he's not robbing $0.50 from you. Everyone who was live-and-let-live on paid mods sure changed over quick when that live-and-let-live didn't give them as good of a look - because like it or not this is as much a paid mod as the rest of them.

18. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

I didn't want to give an opinion here, but the whole PayPal thing is just odd, up the price to 3 bucks and you'll get the $2.50.
    The more people that buy this one, the more common this will become. That's my problem with this. If that weren't a risk, I'd be fine with this (although it still would be a rip-off).

Also not saying it's bad, it's pretty creative and looks really good. I just wouldn't buy this for the same price as a full-fledged car such as the Mondello (which I did buy).

19. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

ITT, people who have no idea how tax works.

At least in Canada (and I'm pretty sure a lot of countries are like this), you have to report "self-employment" income yourself (self-imployment income includes modding income from gumroad/kofee/patreon/whatever).

Receiving money through regular paypal transactions, or "friends/family" transactions makes zero difference from a taxation POV (as the money isn't a genuine gift), it only makes a difference in terms of paypal fees, and paypal's buyer protection. (and the fact that it breaks TOS to receive money for services as "friends/family")

Also, I recommend that anyone who makes money from their modding looks up tax laws in their jurisdiction, to make sure they properly declare their modding income to avoid potentially getting into legal trouble.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

The thing with reporting it as a 'friends/family' payment is that it can be used as a method of trying to bypass an audit. If he was to be approached by a tax collector about the payments, the excuse could be that he was getting payments back from friends and show that the 'friends/family' payment method is proof. While not concrete by any means, it is certainly more effective than not reporting a couple hundred business transactions on paypal

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice