1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Bruckell LeGran

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 18, 2012.

1. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Also 200BX

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

And the Sunburst.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tuner from America

Tuner from America
    Expand Collapse

A suggestion of mine for the LeGran, content wise. Obviously we all know that it's very closely based off of the '82-'96 GM A-body platform (more specifically the Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera), and a interesting engine option that was available on these cars up until 1985 was the 4.3 Diesel V6. An ~okay engine that had it's reputation and future slaughtered by multiple contributing factors;
    -Bad reputation from the older 5.7 & 4.3 Diesel V8's
    -The federal government (Ronald Regan had a big part in this) had eased a lot of the EPA's Corporate Average Fuel Economy (C.A.F.E) standards at the time, allowing for car manufacturers to not worry too much anymore about their fleet average MPG's and the development of alternative non-gasoline fueled engines.
    -The cost of gasoline declined rapidly in the early 80s, while the cost of diesel fuel stayed constant / raised in price.
    -Owners & dealer service technicians even were not being taught how to work on, and maintain these Oldsmobile Diesels properly (using gas engine grade motor oil in a diesel engine application often led to many infamous problems for these engines with wiped camshafts, piston ring blow-by, etc).
    -And a huge point is just that the general public wasn't interested anymore, sure you got nearly 40mpg but it meant being stuck with a smokey, smelly, noisy, and oily lethargic diesel that struggled in the acceleration department.
    DW-1806-HIST-01.png oldsmobile-diesel-3.jpg
    As of now there's currently no vintage N/A powered diesel passenger cars represented in game, and this would fill that niche very well. Thanks for reading.

#1123 Tuner from America, Dec 9, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 10
  4. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

I expect this to change with 0.27, seeing as we're getting the Bello Bus.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

A big lethargic diesel would also be good for the facelifted Moonhawk (1976-78) as a reaction to the '73 gas crunch. In fact, there is a mod of the GM 350ci V8 diesel for the Moonhawk with a very nice turbo option! And there's also the 4.3 diesel V6 as a mod for the LeGran. Engines like these two should be part of the old passenger car diesel BeamNG lore.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully so. It would be excellent to get more diesels in this game - I'm not quite sure why there are only seven official diesel engines (the two modern ETK diesels, the two FCV diesels, the two heavy truck diesels, and the D/H/Roamer's 6.0L V8).

It's also a bit...off, to me, that the Scintilla can have a diesel (aftermarket, yes, but still), while vehicles which could get factory diesels just...don't. The I-Series most likely will be getting a diesel or two, and the Hopper's also a good candidate, but there are other options.

-The Isuzu Bellel (1961-1967) is only slightly bigger than the Miramar, and was the first Japanese car to have a diesel engine. A Miramar diesel would be rather fun, and add to the "vintage N/A diesel" list.

-The second- (1985-1990) and third-gen (1990-1993) Isuzu Geminis both used 1.5L diesel engines - the second-gen's about the same size as the Covet, so I don't see why the Covet can't get a diesel.

-The Moonhawk could maybe get a diesel V6/V8 for the facelift versions, like the Olds diesel V8s.

-The Bastion's another possibility, as the first- and second-gen Chrysler 300 got a diesel V6. However, the Bastion might be a bit too new, as the 300 stopped being sold with a diesel after 2014.

-Both generations of the Pessima could get diesels, too, as the Mazda 626 had a diesel from 1984 to 2002.

-The Pigeon...probably won't. Diesel kei cars don't seem to be very common. At least in Japan - the first-gen Piaggio Porter was a rebadged EU-market Suzuki Carry, which had two small diesel L4s available.

As for the others...I could maybe see the Burnside getting a Cuban-style diesel L4 swap, and the 6.0L diesel V8 could definitely be a funny engine swap for the Bolide. Other than that...I dunno. We don't have any really small diesels for the Pigeon/Wigeon, nor do we have any relatively large Cummins-style diesel L6s. I guess if we get any diesels with the new off-roaders, we could maybe see more swaps for the current vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Tuner from America

Tuner from America
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if the last year Colonade A-body cars got the 5.7 diesel, but for BeamNG's sake it'd be cool to have a factory Diesel converted 378 cubic inch Bruckell V8. However light duty trucks and passenger sedans in America really only started to get turbocharged diesels around the late eighties I want to say, plus it's more fun to struggle with a gutless N/A Diesel in a video game going wide open throttle up a small hill :p

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Yep, we're missing NA diesels! And in the case of the Moonhawk, it would have a hard time getting its modest power through the equally lethargic 3-Speed torque converter automatic and the very tall 2.64 rear gears! :p
    And your concept of turning the 378ci into a diesel is very interesting, as a rapid (and failed, due to lack of experience) response to the gas crunch.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Pocketleaf824

Pocketleaf824
    Expand Collapse

what mods break the legran's textures? I am on the current update with about 734 mods but I don't want to have to deactivate all of them. I have already taken two or three days and still need help.

10. ryanisstigg

ryanisstigg
    Expand Collapse

First off, good lord that's a lot of mods.
    Secondly, I don't think you have much of a choice other than to delete any mods you don't use first, then start with deactivating them one by one.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Pocketleaf824

Pocketleaf824
    Expand Collapse

Most are Automation Mods so I don't think it's those. I have a lot of map mods too but it still takes a while to de- and reactivate them all. I have removed all mods related to the Legran.Thanks for your help. I will try to do that.

12. GEKA

GEKA
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I found that the American license plate has its own stand on the front bumper, when the European one hangs in the air a little in front of it (I understand that this is done so that it does not pass through the bumper after a collision, but it seems to me that it also must have a mount).
    Also, you cannot put a European license plate on the rear bumper

Attached Files:

• upload_2023-1-9_16-12-18.png
    • upload_2023-1-9_16-12-32.png
    • upload_2023-1-9_16-12-55.png
  13. ryanisstigg

ryanisstigg
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone else been having issues with the LeGran sedan not having the facelift taillights available?
    I've even verified files and checked through safe mode, and it just doesn't have them. All mods have been disabled, no luck.

Attached Files:

• 20230209221551_1.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. DontKnowWhy186

DontKnowWhy186
    Expand Collapse

I don't think there are any.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ryanisstigg

ryanisstigg
    Expand Collapse

which is weird, because I could've sworn there were

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

This has been the case with the Sedan body ever since the car got remastered, in March 2021. I hope the Sedan body eventually gets them too, because the Wagon body had them from the very beginning.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Covalence

Covalence
    Expand Collapse

Random thing I noticed: why does the car use more modern, icon-based dash lights when there's an unused strip of 80's style text-only ones right above them?
    20230318221846_1.jpg
    Bonus points for the temp gauge stopping in the white marks, even when it's higher then 249°.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

likely an oversight i would say, yeah the more modern symbols should probably be removed and the top bar of lights made to be functional:p

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Yep, hadn't noticed that!!! Also, this is the same gripe I have with the gauge cluster of the Moonhawk, which has a similar set up only these text-only lights are below it, not above it. But still, the Moonhawk doesn't use all of these text-only lights, which I don't find so good.
    As for the LeGran, the "Low Coolant" light on the far left could also be used for indicating the radiator being damaged and leaking after a certain point!

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Covalence

Covalence
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, as is everything except "LOW WASH FLUID" could have a use - "TEMP HIGH" is obvious, 'TAILGATE AJAR" would have a use with the upcoming openable doors, and "SECURITY" is likely inspired by GM's VATS which flashes when a door is open.

After some poking around it looks like they just used the dash lights from the common folder and didn't think much of it, there's even a few (ABS / hazard triangle) that don't have a dash cutout.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice