1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Bruckell LeGran

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 18, 2012.

1. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

What are you guys, dictionaries? lol

2. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

DICKtionaries :p haha, by the way you spelled the comma wrong. :p

3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Small detail suggestion here; something I learned about recently about 80's cars with this shape is that they had that indicator on the side of the front bumper, like in the image attached. Orange indicator embedded in the chrome trim, and underneath that is a little light. Something I learned from Regular Car Reviews is what that light is for, I just figured it was a reflector. No, it turns on when you indicate to illuminate the road on the side you want to turn. All this shit with swivel headlights and this seems far better. It would be neat to see you add in that kind of little detail. Maybe not to the LeGran specifically, mind it would still be neat. Bruckell may have a "luxury" version of this model from back in the 80's and this may be a nifty little feature.

Attached Files:

• 1988_chrysler_new_yorker-pic-20177.jpeg
  4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I'll consider it for a higher end car. My real life car ('08 Maxima) has cornering lights just like that that come on when you signal :D

5. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

So Gabe drives a Maxima, I've wondered since RoR what you drove.

6. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Not the Australian market Maxima, though. Mine has 50 more hp :)

7. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

When I googled it, the American one came up. :)Apart from Holden, Ford Falcon & Chrysler Valiant, You Americans always get the better cars. :p

8. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Here's my car when she was brand new, 6 years ago:

car.jpg

That's my brother's Jeep Liberty (Cherokee in some markets) in the background. '05 I believe.

I love the taillights on my car. Every car out there has some permutation of a basic rectangle. The closest thing to the back of my Maxima is a Crown Vic, but the Maxima's rear looks way cooler ;) If I could change anything about my car I'd soften the dampers - it's not the smoothest riding car (although it does have more lateral grip than a Porsche 911 from the same model year). Oh, and the turning circle is worse than most trucks :(

I have a bit of Maxima family history - my dad owned a '90 and a '95 and he loved both of them. The VQ35 in this thing is badass - it makes 80% torque at 2500 RPM, will get 30 mpg highway driven at 75-80 mph and does 0-60 mph in 6.3 seconds :D

#148 gabester, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  9. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

The only problem with it is that it's front wheel drive. :p I've driven an 03 Maxima, they really aren't bad cars. Also, go get some new shocks. Gotta be some softer ones available lol

10. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I have no drivetrain loyalty. Every layout has its own characteristics and merits, and a good FWD car can be just as fun as a good RWD car ;) I can tell you firsthand that my Maxima is a blast on back roads - it just has so much grip and great steering feel. I've driven a few RWD Volvos (1988 240 and 1994 940 Turbo) and they weren't anywhere near as fun or dynamic as my Maxima. I also test drove a 2014 Infiniti Q50 (RWD sports sedan) and it had absolutely zero steering feel - felt like an appliance.

And yeah, I think my shocks are due for a replacement after 6 years, especially with the way I attack speedbumps :p

11. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Consider yourself lucky its not a vauxhall/opel corsa, the front coilsprings have a reputation for being rather fragile. I know a few people who have had theirs break under normal driving conditions. They don't suit british roads too well, covered in speed bumps and potholes. Fuse box is mounted above the left wheel, which is also great considering its usually the left wheel that will hit a pothole and any shock on the left wheel will be exterted straight onto the fuse box, I lost my headlights at night going over a speedbump, fuse popped out, I lost my indicators through a pothole, relay popped out.

12. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I'll consider myself lucky that Vauxhalls and Opels aren't sold in North America :D

13. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

The opel vectra was sold hear in Australia. As a holden. They are horrible . As our sun in Australia killed the paint. And they just fell apart. We also got astra with Holden logo on it. Those sold from 1990s-2008 ( in the 1980s it was a Nissan made by holden ) The vauxhall astra ( Holden astra ) Was ok. It got mixed reviews hear in Australia. Then they sold the astra as opel as a opel from 2011-2012. They failed and pulled out of Australia. Now we get holden cruze built hear in Australia. ( Same thing as Chevrolet cruze but sold in right hand drive and made hear )

And i think they sold the Astra as a saturn from 2007-2009 in the usa

P.S sorry for my spelling its late at night. :eek:

14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The 4th gen holden barina is a 3rd generation corsa.

15. KennyMcCormick

KennyMcCormick
    Expand Collapse

I believe once in a while GM will trickle one into the US markets under their cheapo badge, though admittedly at the moment Daewoo currently has those honors.

16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Saturn Astra is of course Opel Astra (Holden/Vauxhall Astra)
    2nd generation Saturn Vue is a rebadged Opel Antara (Holden Captiva, Vauxhall Antara)
    Buick Regal, Opel Insignia (Vauxhall insignia, stepdad had one, was nice but rather problematic)

17. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Test drive a 2014 Chevy SS, they are great drift cars. All Commodores are actually.

18. Speed_A4C

Speed_A4C
    Expand Collapse

Except apparently, us Americans can't use a clutch. The SS is only an automatic. Shame really.

19. KennyMcCormick

KennyMcCormick
    Expand Collapse

indeed, and that's why I have absolutely zero interest in a Chevy SS. They're great cars in Austrailia where you can get a proper gearbox. They're great cars in the UK where you can get a proper gearbox. But here? Automatic only. And I'm not willing to spend $40,000 on a car I then have to rip to shreds and replace the transmission on to get it proper.

20. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i actually plan to learn to drive a manual, just have to find someone who doesn't mind me learning with there's (and that actually HAS a manual)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice