Outdated Bruckell Moonhawk T-Top, Sedan, Station wagon, Ute & Limousine V0.3.0

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by AR162B, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Re: Bruckell Moonhawk Sedan & Station wagon

Please....please....please.....don't be dead.:eek:

2. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

It really isn't! :)

Last couple of weeks I had some exams, I wanted to finish my D15 mod and I'm now going to the mountains for two weeks ;) So I had almost no time.
    I did make some tweaks in the mesh, but It's not yet worth posting.

3. maxpayne3000

maxpayne3000
    Expand Collapse

oh well I can understand then

4. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

Hey, this looks really cool! Judging by what you did with the D-Series (all bugs aside), this should be a great mod. I can't wait for its release! Do you have any updates on its progress yet?

5. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

can you make it so when in first person the camara isnt all floppy like in the h45

6. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

I think you posted this in the wrong thread. The Moonhawk wagon and sedan haven't been released yet and many people know about the D-Series mod's camera issues (although I'm not too sure about this one). Don't worry, he said he'll work on the camera.

7. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

no i mean so that when he dose release it the camra isnt all floppy like the garil h45

8. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

Oh, I know what you mean! Slight misunderstanding on my part. But I don't think the normal Moohawk's camera is that floppy, so I don't think this one is going to be that bad, either.

9. 73mustang

73mustang
    Expand Collapse

This looks amazing it looks like an old Chevrolet chevelle station wagon cool

- - - Updated - - -

This looks amazing it looks like an old Chevrolet chevelle station wagon cool

10. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I finally made some progress and some changes, thanks to MrAngry, Aboroath and rhe220 for their suggestions;

- used the new Moonhawk files, put my parts in the new .DAE, decided to only move the rear end instead of centering the wheelbase so it can exist besides the coupe. (like my D15 mod, without moving the front)
    - added on the body some 'meat' above the rear axle
    - detailed the reardoor gap in the body
    - smoothed the mesh of the body and doors; not perfect yet but it looked like someone repaired some damage using a sledgehammer.
    - lengthened the overlap of the rear of the rear doors to make them appear larger.
    - put the rear door handles a bit further back.
    - moved the front of the rear doors a little bit forward.

I did not change the angle c-pillar, I'm afraid it looks too much like a coupe.
    I also did not change the roof thickness; I agree it's a bit too flat, but so is the roof of the coupe.

I added some screenshots, what do you guys think? And should I alter the rear window and/or some other parts? The jbeam will be based on a mixture of the stretched version of the coupe and the Grand Marshal.

I'll first finish the coupe before starting on the station; but it will have even more 'meat' above the rear axle compared to the coupe.

Attached Files:

• screenshot24-29.jpg
    • screenshot30_31_32.jpg
    #50 AR162B, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  11. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I made this version of the sedan, because even though you moved the handles up, I still find the rear of the greenhouse tiny. I made the angle of the front section of the C-pillar copy the one of the rear window and moved the handles far way up to the edges of the doors and I think the result looks okay
    output_EMUuaZ.gif

Hopefully I didn't ruin your day by posting this but it's my view on how a mid-size sedan should look like :)

Attached Files:

• screenshot24-286daatar.jpg
  12. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Lengthening the wheelbase would look better with the beefier C pillar in my opinion and would help keep the roof lines in tune with the original idea from a visual standpoint. Mr.Angry's changes look like a "Brougham" version
    of the Moonhawk, which ain't a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination. I understand the work involved in a wheelbase extension is hefty but may be needed to get the true 4 door look.
    Continued efforts on this are awesome!:cool:

13. DESTROYER3001

DESTROYER3001
    Expand Collapse

This is great can't wait to have a wagon in game as many people have said reminds me of the burnsides from for ... Be great if there was a ror to beamng converter :D

14. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Off course you didn't ruin my day. :p The suggestions you gave me are all well supported. Only I have a slight difference of opinion; Like Aborath wrote, I really like the c-pillar as it is now, looking like the Coronet. (I can see Dukes of Hazzard recreations already). And I still believe the rear doors of the coronet and Torino are small as well, but I lengthened the wheelbase by 3cm, which gives it a total of 2990mm (117,7"), which is close to both the Coronet and the Torino (both 2997mm, 118", according to Wikipedia). The roof and windows need some finetuning, but what do you guys think?
    To my own opinion it looks a little bit stretched, maybe two cm elongation is enough, or maybe the b-pillar can move a bit (1-2cm) forward. And should I really move the door handles further away? Opinions please! ;)

Attached Files:

• screenshot33_34.jpg
  15. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I think you should move the pillar forwards and angle it so that it comes down at a 90 degree angle, i'll post a picture of what I mean soon

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I meant, the pillar going down helps to make the rear window nice and balanced, I moved the handles up again but I think moving the front handle closer to the edge of the door can do the trick aswell and will make the front door appear less coupe-y. the last part of the gif is how I imagine the perfect look by having 50:50 windows and doors.

Attached Files:

• output_rDD40A.gif
  16. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Hey, great explanation, nice gif! Thanks for helping me out! :)

My defense: :p

- I wanted to have a slightly tilted forward B-pillar to have it distinguish itself from the Coronet and I thought it looks nice, but looking at the other cars (Malibu, Torino) which also are having a backward leaning b-pillar, it might be more realistic to have it tilted backwards.

- I won't move the b-pillar that much forward; looking at the real cars the door edge between the front and rear door is about right, maybe it should have a bit more rounded edge like the real cars. I'm also afraid the ratio of the front and rear doors might be awkward if the edge is moved further forward; the Moonhawk's front door is a bit smaller compared to the Coronet's. The front doors should (optically) be quite a bit larger than the rear doors, otherwise it will look more like a full-size I think.

- The door handles; the Coronet's door handles are quite high located, but the Malibu's and Torino's handles are about right compared to the Moonhawk sedan (I know there is a bit of perspective in the pictures). And more important; the sedan and original coupe should have common features, I think it would be quite strange to have the handles moved a large distance compared to each other. (like the thickness of the roof) Maybe I can move them move them a little bit back again. It's quite difficult to move them, the 'hole' of the door handles is a part of the door. They aren't just put on like a separate part.

I've included

- a comparison picture with the Coronet, my (still forward leaning b-pillar, but with the 3cm wheelbase increment) Moonhawk, your gif, a Malibu (all info which I found says it has a 116" wheelbase, so it's a bit shorter) and a Torino.

- a quick adjustment of how it could look like with only the b-pillar adjusted, leaning backward. The upper part is slightly moved back, the lower part (including the edge between the doors) is moved a little bit forward.

Better looking this way? :)

Attached Files:

• Image2.jpg
    • screenshot35.jpg
  17. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I really like it now, I think you got it just right :)

18. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Agree, think you got it. Stared at your latest example for quite awhile and all I can recommend is having as much rear door as possible to avoid looking too small and out of place.
    Will be a great 4 door sedan on a chassis that screams 4 door. Getting wood just thinking of this beast against the GM.:D Are you planning on making it 100% separate?

19. Russian

Russian
    Expand Collapse

my two cents, door handles are breaking the symmetry (and my eyes!), so this is what i think gonna fix this (and my eyes!)

Attached Files:

• perfecto.jpg
  20. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

You are the first one suggesting the handles should move down... They are off compared to each other, but the Coronet's and Torino's door handles aren't in a line either. Maybe it's a bit too much now. I can see a new reply from MrAngry already.

----

Spend almost my entire day modding the jbeam. Deleted, moved and added n/b's. It looks like it's almost finished, but there are some nasty bugs;
    - At start the floor was collapsing after a few seconds. It even caused a 'physics instability'. I noticed two mirrored (original!) nodes vibrating violently, so I deleted the beam in between. Not a perfect solution, but it works for the moment.
    - I also added n/b's to the front and rear door, but there are bugs as well unfortunately. Sometimes (not always, say in 1 out of 2 tries) the mirrors fall off and the doors sort of collapse.
    - Sometimes the rear bench deforms through the rear doors. It uses the floor and the body node groups, so probably there's something wrong. But nothing else seem to move.

Anyone any idea what it could be and preferably what the solution to the bugs might be?

Attached Files:

• screenshot38.jpg
    • screenshot39.jpg
    • screenshot40.jpg
    • screenshot41.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice