Outdated Bruckell Moonhawk T-Top, Sedan, Station wagon, Ute & Limousine V0.3.0

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by AR162B, Jun 4, 2014.

1. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

Re: Bruckell Moonhawk Sedan & Station wagon

*evil laugh*

2. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Hey, anyone any idea what the problem of the crumbling bug might be? All beam values are original, I just added, removed and moved some n/b's... The crumbling result is different almost each time. I tried decreasing "scalebeamSpring" and -strength, but without any result. Quite frustrating when you put lots of time in it ;)

And knows someone how to make colorized glass? I used the glass map as bases, and colored the _s and _d files. There is a small hint of color in it now, but way too little.

Added some screenshots :)

Attached Files:

• screenshot42.jpg
    • screenshot43.jpg
    • screenshot45.jpg
    • screenshot44.jpg
    • screenshot46.jpg
  3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Damn, wish I could help. Looks beautiful when sitting idle. All I could do is theorize and say the GM has a similar problem with the hood crumbling violently and crashing the game after a heavy collision. This appeared after the PRU.

My wild ass, totally left field assumption would be that stretching the wheelbase and associated beam/node tweaking/additions have changed a global collision parameter??....another guess would be a collision "cascade" of sorts
    taking down the whole middle of the vehicle? If I'm talking out of my ass then I should be scolded.

I know the Moonhawk from day one has been a temperamental beast in the collision department. Can you post a video of this happening maybe w/debug enabled?

4. DESTROYER3001

DESTROYER3001
    Expand Collapse

The station wagon needs a roof rack and bike rack / trailer

5. mikeszko

mikeszko
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it need an elements like baggage and etc too. Of course weight of this baggage will affect on car physics. We need trailers. yeah trailers. thats good idea. And what else...? hmm... Maybe many variants of engines and many parts, tuning option and maybe a jar full of strawberry jam.

6. Blockman

Blockman
    Expand Collapse

I don't know anything about jbeam, but I think Goosah had a similar problem with his corolla sprinter, I wish you luck

7. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I have no experience with jbeam but did you make sure that no beams or nodes our doubled? Because that might be the main cause of the spaz.

8. Bill123

Bill123
    Expand Collapse

Omg yes a station wagon..... I love station wagons and I am so happy to see that there is someone who is making station wagons or care about them.... Yay yay yay!:D:D

9. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

This is one of the very few threads that I have read all the way through. I wish you luck in completing this, and hope that some day I'll be able to wreck old sedans and wagons all together lol

10. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

perhaps you need to look into cross beams and rigidifiers, since you expanded and changed the very base chassis/body, the beams might not be able to support the changes, and may need some cross beams or rigid beams to assist in keeping it all together??

11. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, it looks like I found the problem. Thanks to all for the suggestions, it made me recheck my jbeams. I deleted a beam similar to the last I deleted, it doesn't look like it had a double one, but it seems to have solved the problem. Was so happy I made some extra meshes :p They haven't got n/b's yet, but do you guys think? Still haven't found a way to make colored but see-through glass, so the lightbar and small rooflight on the 'Detective' car don't look like they supposed to look. I made the trunkspoiler and the front lipspoiler almost a year ago, I know those meshes still need some improvements. And does someone know if the body of the sedan should weigh only a bit more compared with the body of the coupe? It's longer, but it also lacks a bit of sheet metal.

Parts I intend to include:

large siren (dukes of Hazzard style, see screenshot)
    (maybe) second version large siren, daul large rotating lights with a horn in between.
    small roof light (starsky and hutch style, see screenshot)
    (maybe) small dashboard light
    flasing lights a-pillar (see screenshot)
    pushbar (see screenshot)
    chrome hubcaps (see screenshot'
    police antenna (see screenshot)

frontlip (see screenshot)
    trunkspoiler (see screenshot)
    louvres sidewindow (coupe only)

roofrack (station only)

towhitch (station and sedan)

I also want to make the highbeams flash and the police spotlights rotate, I'll have to look into lua coding.

The mesh of the sedan need some small improvements, when done I start creating the station. It's great to see all this enthusiasm! :)

Attached Files:

• screenshot48.jpg
    • screenshot49.jpg
    • screenshot50.jpg
    • screenshot51.jpg
    • screenshot52.jpg
  12. dezzey

dezzey
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the 4-door should be slightly heavier than the coupe. However, the estate (wagon) should be substantially heaver than both the coupe and the 4-door with the extra glass and sheet metal.

13. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

Those hubcaps are AWESOME and yes, I think the 4 door should be heavier because of the metal used to build the body.

14. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

I can help with the cop lights.
    i have a Lua code for rotating cop lights.

15. DESTROYER3001

DESTROYER3001
    Expand Collapse

I would just like to make a point that lots of the time older estate cars aren't that much heavier than the saloon version but a 4 door should be heavier than a coupe

16. monster

monster
    Expand Collapse

^

a 4 door won't outweigh a same model 2 door by much, but a coupe version would weigh signiificantly less than both. However a station wagon would have quite a bit more weight from all the extra sheet metal(mainly the roof..people don't realize how strong they actually are) and extra interior parts.

In theory, i would say a coupe would be somewhere in the 4,000 lb range, a 2 door ~4,200 lb, 4 door ~4,350 lb and a wagon in the ~4,600-4,800 lb range. Keeping in mind these could all vary by a few hundred pounds due to trim and drivetrain packages. For example, a 4 door 74 Chevy Impala with a base package with a 350 has a curbweight of 4,343 lbs. However a 454 with a the luxury package is 4,618 lbs. Getting into wagons is a whole different ballpark with the different packages, and different style of rear doors.

For instance, a clamshell wagon would weigh more than a wagon where the tailgate opened similiar to a truck, or opened to the side. For anyone that doesn't know what a clamshell is:

#76 monster, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  17. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Lookin' good! 4 door would definitely be heavier for obvious reasons, mainly the added weight of 2 more substantial door structures. I can't believe how po dunk redneck the 4 door cop car looks....awesome!:cool:

18. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for all replies! I know for obvious reasons the four door and wagon should be heavier, but what about the body shell only? The four door is slightly longer but doesn't have the sheet metal located after the front doors. Is it correct to say the body shell of the four door is slightly heavier compared to the coupe, and the station is just slightly heavier than the four door? (without glass, doors, etc)
    The station is slightly longer and has a longer roof, but lacks the sheetmetal around the fourdoors trunk.

Made some progress on the mesh, the rear doors still need some time, but I think I'm getting there. And Mythbuster came with the bright idea to use the GM's taillight glass map, so for the moment the siren is red only but the glass looks like it should be :)
    Also made some other parts, no n/b's yet but you get the idea ;)

Attached Files:

• screenshot55.jpg
    • screenshot56.jpg
    • screenshot57.jpg
    • screenshot58.jpg
    • screenshot59.jpg
  19. Blockman

Blockman
    Expand Collapse

It's beautiful but I think the frame along the body should be heavier than the four door so the frame can support the body

20. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Can you post a few crash pics after the jbeam fix? Curious how the rear end handles a heavy collision, especially the greenhouse/roofline. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice