budget pc build for beamng

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by pcnoob, Jul 2, 2021.

1. pcnoob

pcnoob
    Expand Collapse

hello everyone. im wondering what parts i need to run beamng on normal graphics at 30+ fps im wanting to keep the build under 600$. thanks in advance

(side question. can i use a tv as a monitor)

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You can use tv as a monitor, but depending from the tv it can be horrible or great, you might need to adjust settings a lot to get best out of it.

Not sure about parts, especially in US currency, but if we look into future of BeamNG, then have many CPU cores and I think you should consider something like Nvidia 1650 gpu as I have impression that Nvidia currently is working bit more often with Vulkan render, some AMD cards have really weird issues, I would avoid them.

Although with budget of 600 and needing to buy everything, like keyboards, mouse and gamepad (definitely get a gamepad), budget is quite limiting with current GPU prices, next year GPU prices should be better, but that is next year.

3. unlimited_senate

unlimited_senate
    Expand Collapse

Honestly a gaming laptop with a 1660 ti for a few hundred dollars more would make more sense

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Those are quite noisy and throttle a lot, at such price point at least.

Not sure how well those AMD APU integrated graphics work, but some people say they are somewhat fast, it might be that CPU with integrated graphics is only way to meet the budget requirements.

Maybe used pc case that would come with a psu or used computer generally is only way to get something that works. With GPU upgrade later on he could get into good quality gaming levels.

5. pcnoob

pcnoob
    Expand Collapse

thank you for the input but i don't have an extra 2-300 dollars to add onto my budget.

i don't know if this helps but i'll probably be running only 2 cars max. i've also heard that west coast usa is a very demanding map. how bad is it because i really want to use the drag strip

6. unlimited_senate

unlimited_senate
    Expand Collapse

Well next month amd is bringin the 5700g and 5600g to the diy market which might be a good solution for you

7. cklmetl

cklmetl
    Expand Collapse

it can depend what pc's do u want
    the most is that upload_2021-7-9_17-56-58.png
    (yes i'm french)
    with an AMD ryzen biheart @2.6 to 3.55GHz, an AMD Radeon Vega 3
    and all of that:
    4 GB DDR4 2400 MHz expandable up to 32 GB and fast storage 256 GB M.2 SSD. ( it's not big but it's that )

8. pcnoob

pcnoob
    Expand Collapse

sorry but could you translate that for me and could you also show me a link to amazon for it. thank you

9. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

You basically won’t get anything good for 600 dollars unless you want to spend all your time on eBay trying to throw something together

10. DistortAMG

DistortAMG
    Expand Collapse

Something like this would be the best sort of power for your budget.

Click here

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600G (6 core 12 thread CPU)
    GPU: Intergrated Radeon graphics.
    RAM: 12GB DDR4
    HDD: 1TB

Yeah there is no SSD, but the performance on that will be acceptable, especially for the price. These Ryzen APU's are not that bad in all fairness. Very good options for a budget, as they combine a fast processor with an iGPU with gameable power. Yeah it is not going to be like having a top end GPU, but the GPU can and will game in most games, as long as you manage expectations.

The other option, is by using Geforce Now, Nvidias streaming service. BeamNG is supported on there and it gives you access to a very high end PC in the clould. The latency is also very good on it and you can use the service for free, for an hour at a time. But you do need to own the game to play BeamNG.

• Like Like x 2
  11. pcnoob

pcnoob
    Expand Collapse

12. cklmetl

cklmetl
    Expand Collapse

it's very just but you can play at beamng with that

13. Alexbaba03

Alexbaba03
    Expand Collapse

Maybe you should use an older gen i5 or a slightly newer i3. A GTX 650 would probably keep the cost lower too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice