Building a New Computer

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by bandita52, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

@bandita52 give me a budget and I'll make a PCPartPicker list for you, at which point all you have to do is buy the item's on the list and look up a PC building guide.

2. RobloxerMartin

RobloxerMartin
    Expand Collapse

AMD Ryzen 5000 Series performs better than Intel 10th gen in some games. Idk for BeamNG though I still feel more secure going for Ryzen. NVIDIA is still good for GPUs but AMD surely catching up. If you care about fps, you must consider graphics cards a priority. I would recommend an RTX 2060 Super since the RTX 3060 Ti is out, 2060 S prices will surely drop to the floor. If you are able to get the RTX 3060 Ti, thats even better. For the CPU, I recommend AMD Ryzen 5 5600X if you only plan on gaming but if you also plan on recording or streaming your game, I'd recommend buying AMD Ryzen 7 5800X. You can always upgrade anytime since you are using PC.

3. bandita52

bandita52
    Expand Collapse

I already have a NZXT H-510i mid tower atx case which will fit either a ATX, mATX or mini-itx motherboard. The amount that i would be willing to spend would be no more than $600 and looking to go in the way of AMD nothing from intel unless it's reasonable and would still fit my budget. hope this is enough info as a basis.

4. trooperthegreat

trooperthegreat
    Expand Collapse

5. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Great info. Thank you, I'll keep your 600$ budget with no case in mind.
    Edit: After looking around a bit, your best bet for many of these parts is the used market. Prices are wacky right now, for the Nvidia 2000 series too. I'll see if I can find some good deals on the used market, likely last-gen hardware.
    --- Post updated ---
    Welp. Nevermind. Now seems to be a really bad time for building a PC. Prices are jacked up everywhere for any near decent parts out there, even last-gen parts. The best you'll be able to do right now is pick up certain parts and then save more cash and wait until prices become not crazy. Sorry about that.

6. bandita52

bandita52
    Expand Collapse

for now i'm getting what i can afford at the moment and buy on part at a time. it will be slow but i'm hoping the end result will be worth the time and money in the long run.

7. Jonah Parkinson

Jonah Parkinson
    Expand Collapse

Being able to play BeamNG at a decent framerate is totally worth it;)

8. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. It's a good idea. Will your budget rise over time, or do you have a completely fixed budget. I could make a list for a slightly more expensive PC that the part prices on should go down over time, though I don't know when.

9. bandita52

bandita52
    Expand Collapse

On pcpartpicker.com they show an entry level gaming build for intel for $590.36 (after rebates and shipping) and a amd version of the same setup for $657.96( after rebates and shipping) both builds are within my budget. the two things that i would change would be the motherboard and computer case so the prices would change just a little bit.

#49 bandita52, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  10. unlimited_senate

unlimited_senate
    Expand Collapse

How big is your case because if it's a
    small form factor
    You'd better buy a new case

11. bandita52

bandita52
    Expand Collapse

I have a NZXT H510i that can use a ATX, mATX, and mini-itx motherboard

• Like Like x 1
  12. bandita52

bandita52
    Expand Collapse

i was wondering if the MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX would be good fit for a ryzen 3 2200g or ryzen 5 2400g

13. bandita52

bandita52
    Expand Collapse

what gen is good to get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd for a ryzen cpu that would be around the $200 range and would work well with a gpu around the same price or slightly higher not to go past $300. i'm working on a moderate budget.

14. bandita52

bandita52
    Expand Collapse

i saw a video on youtube with that setup and the person was getting around the low 70's for the fps.

15. bandita52

bandita52
    Expand Collapse

How many years am I going to get from the rx 580 that's if I'm not going to be running it at high settings all the time.

16. Jonah Parkinson

Jonah Parkinson
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure how many years you would get, but it's one of the best GPUS in the $200\$280 Dollar price range.

17. bandita52

bandita52
    Expand Collapse

What would be a good motherboard to get b550 or b450

18. Jonah Parkinson

Jonah Parkinson
    Expand Collapse

I would go for the B550, but it all depends on how much you want to pay for the motherboard.

19. bandita52

bandita52
    Expand Collapse

just wondering what would be a good size graphics card ie 4, 6, or 8gb so i can have my settings at a decent setup.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice