Camera Transition when tabbing through cars

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by SHOme1289, Feb 14, 2019.

1. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I had an idea that might not be to hard to implement, but would also add to the "fit and finish" of the game, if you will. When tabbing through cars, instead of the instantaneous camera change, maybe some sort of a quick, smooth camera fly-between cars? It would at least be a nice touch when the game is closer to completion, because as it is now, its pretty basic (which is fine due to the fact the game is still in Alpha) but just something to spark conversation, if anyone has any ideas how that could be implemented. I mean, the camera already changes from one car to another and since everything is always loaded in real time, it shouldn't be a performance hog or anything...

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

There are many corner case for this.
    What if the vehicles are really far, or there are objects in between.
    It could also get annoying fast on the long run, especially if one needs to tab through many vehicles.

3. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I suppose thats true, i mean clipping thru buildings or objects in the way wouldnt be that bad IMO, it would be like a 1 second transition...i can already see it in my head, but yea having multiple vehicles would get annoying. (hotkey for regular camera perhaps?)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice