1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Can my laptop handle this game?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Kirahl, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Kirahl

Kirahl
    Expand Collapse

Hello! Just wondering could my 3 year old laptop handle this game? My laptop isn't even an i3 it's that old haha. I can handle one car on Rigs of Rods with small lag. I also tried to use donoteat's Penguinville map using cry engine and it caused massive lag. Any helpful answer would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading :)

2. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

If you cant even run a cryengine map without lag, how do you expect to run a cryengine map + Beamng physics?

3. Kirahl

Kirahl
    Expand Collapse

I was hoping for it to be different than what I used and have settings for increased performance. If it is released after Christmas I will be fine as I am getting an i7 2.1ghz ddr3 8Gb ram Sony vaio laptop :D

4. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

RoR is mostly CPU with a good GPU. For BeamNG + CryEngine, you will need an above average computer to run this game without any lag during collisions and such. If you could post a link to the laptop in question, or even what graphics card it has, it would be so much more help. However, as it sits right now, even assuming it's just Intel HD Graphics 3000, it will be a bit smoother, perhaps.

5. Kirahl

Kirahl
    Expand Collapse

View attachment Full specifications of your configuration.pdf
    Everything :D

6. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

You will be able to run it just fine. Just stay away from the more complex maps and yo're good to go!

7. Effect

Effect
    Expand Collapse

Hi!
    Can you guys tell me if my laptop can run this on minimum requirements?
    This is my laptop: intel dual core 2.3 Ghz, 1 Gb video card on 64 bits sadly :( and 4 Gb ram :)
    Hope it works :X

If you want to see the full specs of the laptop click here -> http://www.emag.ro/laptop-lenovo-b5...e-gt-610m-1gb-freedos-59-339464/pd/E2X8TBBBM/

Sadly the site is in romainian, but the most important feauters are in eanglish :p

Thanks! :eek:

8. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

You should be able to run it, but don't expect it to run exceedingly well. It'll run maybe at the lowest setting defaults or if the scene isn't too complex maybe higher.

...As long as it isn't running FreeDOS as shown on the site.. lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice