1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Can my PC handle BeamNG?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by lol1234567, Sep 16, 2012.

1. lol1234567

lol1234567
    Expand Collapse

do you think my pc can run this with at least with 20 fps SPECS: video card: NVIDIA geforce 210 1gb Prossesor: intel core i3 3.30ghz if it could improve im hoping to get a gt 240 ????

2. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Re: will my pc be able to run Beamng

it really depends on what you want to simulate. So far the numbers seem to fall on about 1 core per car if you want to stay above 40fps, according to things the team has said early on, maybe you can simulate 3 vehicles if you're lucky.

3. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

YAY, I get 8 cars, but on topic, that is insane I turn off the other 7 cores and run 1 usually and I'm fast at 3.5 GHz, jeez.

4. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

In all honestly, your graphics card may be considerably underpowered.
    Instead of upgrading to a GT240, it would be in your best interest to at least get a GTX650 or GT640.

If possible, a Radeon 7750 or 7770 would also suffice.

The cards I listed above would easily suffice for the Cryengine's low or medium presets and maybe even high depending on the map. Pricing for any of the listed cards ranges from $80 to $150 (Australian $, cheaper in the U.S!), they are very cheap and powerful for the amount your paying.

Hope this helped!

#4 joytech22, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  5. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

That doesn't mean each car is assigned a core. AMD basically uselessly added 8 cores for a processor and called it a gaming CPU even though 4 cores is about Max for all games.

6. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

I remember one of the admins saying that the engine is multithreaded but I'm not sure how it was implemented.
    I believe that each car may get its own THREAD, considering softbody physics is computationally, pretty expensive.

AMD marketed the CPU as a gaming CPU because it is, basically, futureproofed for multithreaded games.
    The efficiency of those cores is fairly good considering each core is half a core, two per module and four modules (whereas each module replaces where a full core would go, so essentially it's a 4 core CPU with each core cut in half).

7. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

Its not even close to future proof.

8. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

Im Binkey!

9. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

Well considering it has more resources than AMD's its last generation, I'd say that's AMD's version of futureproofing.
    Everything is heading to more threads, AMD basically created something to cater for that.

Not saying it's futureproof in comparison to the competition but certainly an effort.

10. 777-300ER

777-300ER
    Expand Collapse

Remember, we do not know what gen i3 we're talking about. the card could be bottlenecked.

11. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

True, but in all honesty even the first gen i3's would suffice for a modern GPU but I think a 7770 would be the highest I would go.
    As for the simulation side of things, the CPU would be a bigger bottleneck for how many cars he could have on-scene.

12. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I'd love to see 8 cars, 8 is a pretty good sized pack for demolition derby and banger racing. but early indications are that the most you may be able to deal with are four, if you're very lucky then five vehicles. There's a conflict between what the devs are saying. Some stated a core per car rule, with some limitations to that rule. I think you need about 2.8 Ghz per core to do that. Gabester tells me they're aiming for around four vehicles. its really up in the air, but we do have a ballpark model to go by.

but it really does depend on your processor. your graphics card shouldn't be an issue if it can cope with Crysis.

13. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

Which really, you need at least a 5850/6870/7770 or 480/570/660ti to be playable on cryengine. My 6950 barely handles it.

14. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I have a 5550 and it beats the crap out of crysis 2

15. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

Was that a joke? I doubt your Dell beats my rig at Max settings. And what do you call Beating the crap out of Crysis? I know for a fact not 60 FPS, which for me is a minimum.

16. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

There's no way a 5550 could play crysis 2 smoothly unless it was on low or medium. Hell.. My laptop with a GT640M in it can run it at an average of 40FPS on the second lowest settings (+ HD textures and DX11).

#16 joytech22, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  17. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I run crysis 2 on ultra with 5770

18. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

If a 6950 'can barely handle it' then you badly need to get your computer checked out. My laptop can handle CE3 at low-medium settings with a respectable FPS, which itself is more than 'barely handling it'.

19. jacke0247

jacke0247
    Expand Collapse

At what resolution and how many fps do you get? 20fps?

20. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

By barely handle it I mean 65-70 fps on max.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice