1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Can my PC handle BeamNG?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by lol1234567, Sep 16, 2012.

1. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

At least mine was, let's be nice, way less expensive...

2. sluggs

sluggs
    Expand Collapse

I made an account just to ask if my new PC could handle this game, since I'm kind of worried. I just got a new rig earlier in January, and I just want to know if it would be able to run the game on at least medium settings at 1080p:

Intel i5-3570k (OCed to 4.4 GHz)
    8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM
    MSI GTX 660 Ti

Any response would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

3. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

...you are worried with an almost $850 USD system? I can run every game on high settings, it's an AMD box. Unless you blow something up, you WILL be fine.

Welcome to the forum, I will be your guide...

4. TheDominator

TheDominator
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, will my rig i'm about to build run it:
    AMD FX-8350
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Evga GTX 670 FTW
    8GB G-Skill RipjawsX @ 2133 MHz
    (Yes, it was a joke post, deal with it)

5. Cartman372

Cartman372
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, if you're playing shitty console ported games. A game developed for consoles run, generally at 30FPS. Therefore are locked at 30FPS and you won't notice a difference. Play Borderlands (been playing it so it's fresh in my head) at 30FPS vs 60FPS, big difference.

Oh man you're so wrong it hurts. I would actually prove it with facts, but someone else beat me to it.

It's not possible to give you a good FPS estimate since there isn't tons of benchmarks with the game. But it's safe to say if RoR is laggy for you, you won't enjoy trying to run Beam.

Oh boy, trying to show off over here.

Why would you build a server PC with a 670 in it and only 8GB ram? If it's a true server PC, you most definitely don't need a graphics card that powerful.

6. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I think I like you, I haven't noticed you before. Welcome to the forums.

7. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

Hati LIKES​ someone? o_O

8. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

LOL! I know right?

Anyways, I would set minimum requirements at:

Dual Core Intel CPU or equivalent AMD @ 3.0 GHz

Nvidia 8800GTX or equivalent AMD Radeon

4GB RAM

Internet Connection

Keyboard, Mouse (Controller or Driving Wheel recommended)

That should answer most questions...

#168 redrobin, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  9. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Ok, we have minimum requirements, let's lock the thread.

10. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I want to say that this is a terrible idea. This thread is somewhere people like Dannuborgir can show off their system specifications and get a chance of a response that satisfies their egos when someone says

"yes, your machine is a GOD among computers and will rape BeamNG! Let me suck your ██████ ███████ ████ ███ █ █████ and thats when the goat comes in like █████ ████ ████ ███████████ █████ █ ███ ███ █ ████ ███ until the little girl wants her lollipop back and ████ ████████ █ ███████ ██████ ████ ██ ████ ██ ██ ███ everything is on fire while they ███████ ██ ██ ███ ████ ████ ████ █████ ███ until the rabbi gets there to try and put an end to it. That kind of fails when ██████████ ████████ █ █████ ██████ then yells "pwned" before ████████ ████ ████████████ ██████ and he quietly sneaks out of the room with his wallet."

The fact they can satisfy those needs here saves us from having them seek it on random threads all over the forum.

EDIT:

Is it me, or do these censor bars being grey kind of make the fact that the text is not black a once seen - not unseen kind of issue?

#170 Hati, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  11. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

Hahaha, Hati, nice comment;) I was laughing so hard:D Looks like you've got good sense of humor.:)

12. Cartman372

Cartman372
    Expand Collapse

This is pretty much the only thread I post in at the moment, gotta start browsing the rest of the forums.

Thanks! :D

Oh my

13. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

Thats what she said?:confused:

14. Cartman372

Cartman372
    Expand Collapse

Because they are. Just because you have one good laptop doesn't mean Dell as a whole is good. HP is no better.

15. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I'll go as far as saying, and I'm an Apple user, that HP is better than Apple, better than Dell, better than Asus, and better than Acer.

16. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Ok, im kind of a noob to all of this processor stuff, and tell me if i put the right stuff.
    intel pentium dual core desktop processer e2180
    evga geforce gt 610
    I know i have a nice graphics card, but im worried about the computing power of the computer. I could run rigs of rods fine, but when i got within about 15 fet of another car it would get laggy, but when i pulled back away , it would work fine.
    Tell me if i left some specs out.
    And im not trying to brag
    I get 40 fps in ror

#176 Potato, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  17. Cartman372

Cartman372
    Expand Collapse

As someone who has owned or had to deal extensively with each of those, I completely disagree.

ASUS>HP>Dell>Apple>Acer

In that order.

18. Goose900

Goose900
    Expand Collapse

Potato. Your CPU will probably be relatively bad in the physics case, although I'm not 100% sure as I've never worked with pentium duals. The graphics will more than likely do horribly in this game, and you need to post how much RAM you have, as it can have a huge impact on performance in some cases.

19. Cartman372

Cartman372
    Expand Collapse

So basically you can only run one car in RoR without it lagging horribly. Based on your specs (which are very low), I'd say you'd have a tough time running BeamNG.

20. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Agreed, the reson it's lagging when you get within 15 feet of a car is because the physics activate so you aren't running 2 cars until then.

I don't see how all these people with crappy specs are running ROR at 40 fps. I run ROR at 12 fps on train valley fps with the tatra Dakar and a gavrell mv2r and medium high settings. I have an i7 870 @ 3.4 GHz with 8 GB RAM and an HD 7770.

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER?? *sob*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice