Cannot save position of car

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by MikeKulls1, May 17, 2022.

1. MikeKulls1

MikeKulls1
    Expand Collapse

So every time I open my custom level my car appears half buried and slowly comes up to the surface. I've tried moving it in the editor and saving the level, i've tried driving it to a different location and saving the level with or without pushing ctrl R to save that location. I've tried saving with and without physics paused. Everything I find on google says I need to tick "Can Save" but I've ticked that 1000 times and saved with no luck. I can spawn an additional vehicle and save that every time. If I delete the original vehicle it just returns as "clone0". Sometimes additional clones of the vehicle appear. Anyone know what's going on?
    --- Post updated ---
    I've been trying to work this out for days, then 20 minutes after I post I work it out. Delete all vehicles in the scene tree and move the spawn sphere.

Edit: For anyone who comes across this post, from what I can understand is the vehicle is not saved as part of the map. The spawn sphere creates a vehicle when the level is loaded. That is why the BeamNGVehicle object has a tickbox for "Can Save". If you tick this and save the vehicle then you will get 2 vehicles when the map next loads up, the one you saved and the one the spawn sphere spawns.

If you want to change the position of the car just move the spawn sphere.

If you want to change the vehicle that is loaded
    1. exit the world editor
    2. change the vehicle using the normal menus
    3. go back to the vehicle selector window and select "Set as default"
    4. go back into the world editor and save the level.

#1 MikeKulls1, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice