1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Cannot Spawn More Than 13 Vehicles

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by HeilStalin, Jun 27, 2017.

1. HeilStalin

HeilStalin
    Expand Collapse

Both myself and another person on Reddit cannot spawn more than 13 vehicles without the game throwing memory errors. We're both running the 64bit version of the most recent version of BeamNG. I didn't try the Gravel like they did, but we still get an error on the same number of vehicles.

Our specs:
    i7 6700k
    32GB
    GTX 980Ti 6GB Strix

i7 5960x
    32GB
    GTX 1080 8GB Strix (OC'D)

2. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

This is an engine limitation, and there is no way to bypass ATM. They will optimize at some point, but 13 is the limit right now.

3. HeilStalin

HeilStalin
    Expand Collapse

Even without optimizing anything, why exactly is there a limit? There's some enthusiast processors out there than can handle 20+ vehicles at once... and that's not even getting into server grade processors.

4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Something to do with Torque3D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I got 18 vehicles on my i7 unobtainium-brand cpu. Sure it was only 10~12fps, but I spawned 18 vehicles.
    I spawned the 19th one and immediately spawned my desktop (CRASH).
    The AMD THREADRIPPER 16-core 32-thread cpu will run atleast 30 vehicles @ 30fps or better, it may run more, clocking in at 3.5~3.9ghz and all considered. The Ryzen actually performs core to core, clock to clock equal to 10% better than the x99-based intel 6900k, when clocked to the same speed, with both the same speed (albeit dual and not quad channel ram), and FASTER by 10% with 2933mhz CL15 RAM. Processors are advancing quickly now due to AMD in the core-race here. Not many folks had access to something that could run beyond 4~8 vehicles before, but now this is changing.
    My friend who does youtube crash compilations constantly says he can run as many concrete trucks (it's NOT a CEMENT mixer) as the game will allow and then it crashes, without slowing down on his 6900k/32gb RAM/1080 Ti system setup. It crashes before it gets slow or unplayable. The physics crashes out and then you're out of luck.
    AMD THREADRIPPER comes out in about 5~6 weeks. It should be really good, gobs of PCI express lanes, quad channel RAM, lots of connectivity, all the latest ports, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

With My Ryzen I spawned more than 13 with no errors, it froze and shifted the camera at first but was able to play steady...

7. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

What Ryzen CPU series, how much ram in your system, what map, and how fast did it go (we'd like an idea, not just myself either, at what kind of FPS the chip gives). Everything I heard is when you put 2933mhz cas 15 or cas 16 DDR4 dual channel ram to a Ryzen 1700x, you get 10% better physics than a 6900k cpu at the same clocks on an x99 motherboard with quad channel ddr4 cas 11 2400mhz ram.

8. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

i tested the 1800x and it gives the exact same performance as the 1700 for cheaper, because the game only can have so many cores, its a 16 thread 8 core cpu, not oc (no need) 16 gb ram 2400 speed, GTX 1060 gddr5 DX12 (oc), and on the industrial map, i spawnpod a lot of vehicles. mostly extended cap pickups. ddr4 ram and a regular old hard drive

9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

The cores are plenty fast enough, and you're video bottle-necked with the reflections or details displaying for all the vehicles, so the CPU is doing better than video = no speed difference. The model of 8-core cpu is mostly the same, only difference is XFR (which has to do with auto-overclocking) and the ease at which you can overclock, and the voltage with which you'll reach 4.0 ghz. It's merely chip binning but there's a lucky bunch of 1700 chips out there that are down-marketed 1800x chips as always. This happens frequently in the PC industry, considerably more on hot-selling items like Ryzen. The new EPYC server chips came out yesterday, and while 'too low clocked' to really be applicable for beamng.drive, it DESTROYS the intel XEON system with Floating Point performance, to the name of 45~50% or more!!! www.anandtech.com has that story. Why mention EPYC server chip? Because this same silicon will show us good performance for the similar ThreadRipper chips that are coming out at the end of the month.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

Man! Besides my other friend, your the person who knows a lot about amd! If intel were to drop the prices they would cut it with me. but they died. But yeah, threadripper is to be affordable, and it beat the highest i7 model in price, and still beats the i9!. my friend has the 1600x and beamng runs similarly with average vehicle spawning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice