1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Can't activate single mod

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by fufsgfen, Jan 8, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Because of repo being disabled, now when I try to activate single mod, I get this:
    upload_2018-1-8_19-18-53.png

I disabled all mods and attempted to activate more parts of t-series mod (by Peter). I would think you might want to have some kind of time out and fall back method in case repo is down.

So what I had to do is to disable online features to be able to activate or deactivate single mod while repo is down.

Probably this is more of missing feature (fallback method in case there is problem connecting to repo) than a bug, but I guess this is worthy to mentioning here.

Update: Ok, disabling online features is not doing much good, I can click activate on single mod now, but this is what I get and have to break that with esc:
    upload_2018-1-8_22-19-59.png

From some reason all mods show up as invalid date and none has thumbnails when inactive, which might be on purpose, but would be nicer to see thumbnails as I can't remember from names which mod was which most of the time.

I hope other guys are getting same issues and it's not my installation failing? Ok, I try clearing cache now.

Update: Clearing cache is not helping at all. Some mods show invalid date, those don't activate at all, some show valid date.

In db.json, this does not work, has button pack even is a zipped file, not unpacked:
    Code:
     "dry_rock_island":{
        "filename":"dry_rock_island.zip",
        "dirname":"mods/",
        "fullpath":"mods/dry_rock_island.zip",
        "hash":"wip",
        "dateAdded":1.51551e+09,
        "modType":"terrain",
        "stat":{
          "filetype":"file",
          "filesize":8.68122e+07,
          "modtime":1.51371e+09,
          "readonly":false,
          "accesstime":1.51371e+09,
          "createtime":1.51371e+09
        },
        "modData":{
          "filename":"dry_rock_island.zip",
          "update_count":1,
          "current_version_id":4791,
          "resource_category_id":9,
          "hashes":[
    --- cut ---
         "resource_version_id":4791,
          "imgs":{

},
          "user_id":6,
          "via":"packed by repo on Tue, 08 Aug 2017 08:04:00 GMT",
          "prefix_title":"",
          "category_title":"",
          "rating_count":26,
          "resource_date":1.48649e+09,
          "version_string":"1.0",
          "attachments":{

},
          "last_update":1.48649e+09,
          "rating_avg":5,

While this does work, says unpack instead of pack, notice how little stuff there is from this in db.json:
    Code:
    "pikespeak":{
        "filename":"pikespeak.zip",
        "dirname":"mods/",
        "fullpath":"mods/pikespeak.zip",
        "hash":"wip",
        "dateAdded":1.51492e+09,
        "modType":"terrain",
        "stat":{
          "filetype":"file",
          "filesize":8.78372e+07,
          "modtime":1.5149e+09,
          "readonly":false,
          "accesstime":1.5149e+09,
          "createtime":1.5149e+09
        },
        "modname":"pikespeak",
        "active":true
      }
    If I remove db.json it does not help at all, however if I delete modinfo folder from mod's zip file and then delete db.json I get to fix this issue.

So obviously it is somehow related to repo deactivation, @Nadeox1 is this among known issues?

Another Update: I don't know if it is related to other issues with repo you were having, but few mods didn't have mod_info folder in them, even they should of had as downloaded from site and quite recently so every mod of such should of had mod_info folder because repo is repacking every mod, or should.

So that might be something to check if not checked yet.

Yet another update: Of course I have to repack every single mod to get them to work, who knows where information about zip validity is kept, but clearly it is not db.json or any file inside the .zip file, however modified zip just won't work, have to make new .zip, so maybe something is written into .zip package itself that is read by software so that no tampered .zip can be used.
    Multiplayer, or some online leaderboard thing, didn't say anything...

#1 fufsgfen, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. thomatoes50

thomatoes50
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

It's know issue.

in the mod_info there is a manifest of file included into the mods, the validity have been disabled because it was slowing down a lot the update process (client side). Maybe later we will re-enable so user can check mods or check what file changed when they fixed something.

About the mods that doesn't get the mod_info things, are you sure it's not forum mods? if it's not too late could you tell which mods are affected.

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Actually I'm not sure now if that would be forum mods that did not have mod_info, I need to download mods again to see (I have all mods still installed, just removed all mod_info things), it might be tomorrow that I can do that as today I'm bit busy with other tasks.

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Okay, it took bit longer than anticipated, but if I'm not mistaken, issue with zip files without mod_info probably came from the fact that those few mods I had before mod_info was put in by repo.

All I downloaded now seems to have mod_info, but there is still few to download.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice