1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Can't launch game from non default install location [fixed]

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by headshot_00, Jun 6, 2015.

1. headshot_00

headshot_00
    Expand Collapse

I have now had BeamNG for a while and yesterday it worked just fine but now with no new mods or update it fails to launch, however strangely the game works if I put it on my SSD in the default install path (which I don't want to do since I have limited SSD storage). Any help?

EDIT:
    When installed on my HDD only the 32-bit version works now not the 64-bit, when installed on my SSD both work

EDIT2:
    Today the game works fine after closing a couple of applications which didn't work yesterday:confused:. But it is fine now.

#1 headshot_00, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  2. drgreenz420

drgreenz420
    Expand Collapse

same issue... dont understand at all, wont play now but every once and awhile it will???? if anyone knows a step by step solution please post!

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I have multiple copies of BeamNG scattered over my SSD (Primary, oS), and HDD (Secondary) and all work fine?
    Can you explain exactly what you did?

You downloaded the game via Steam and then moved it? OR you installed via Steam in a different location?
    Or what? Include as many details as you can please.

4. drgreenz420

drgreenz420
    Expand Collapse

played for about a week, downloaded mods/maps still played perfectly. got back on and it wouldnt start, deleted, re downloaded and it still wouldn't start. im out of ideas ive searched the forums, watched videos and nothing is working steam fails to start the game and i dont know why

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

What is the actual error Steam is giving out? (A screenshot of it would be helpful).
    Eventually try this:

-Unistall BeamNG from Steam
    -Delete BeamNG.Drive folder from MyDocuments
    -Delete BeamnG.Drive folder from Steam/Steamapp/common (If there is still a folder)
    -Reinstall BeamNG.

6. drgreenz420

drgreenz420
    Expand Collapse

no actual error is being indicated, it seems like it wants to start but just dosent? "Preparing to launch BeamNG.drive" then dosent launch the game.

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You didn't reply to my questions above tho..

You downloaded the game via Steam and then moved it? OR you installed via Steam in a different location?

If you downloaded it via Steam, and then moved it manually, then it's quite obvious that it doesn't launch. Steam thinks the game would be still where it downloaded, not where you moved it..
    If you want to install a game in a different location, you have to specifiy it when installing the game via Steam.

#7 Nadeox1, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice