Released Canyon Rush V1.0 [PAID]

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by KAMUS_, May 21, 2024.

1. KAMUS_

KAMUS_
    Expand Collapse

Hi there! I'm thrilled to finally share my project with you, It took me nearly 500 hours to create. This map has been in my mind for some time, and seeing it come to life is incredibly satisfying. You can get it by joining any tier on my patreon page: patreon.com/kamuss

If you have any questions, please read FAQs before asking.

Map features:

-Race Track: Made mainly from F1 tracks first corners, inspired by u/valaki66 on r/RaceTrackDesigns. The race track spans 5.9km.
    screenshot_2024-04-12_19-17-59.png screenshot_2024-04-12_19-18-40.png screenshot_2024-04-12_19-18-52.png screenshot_2024-04-12_19-19-01.png screenshot_2024-04-12_19-16-55.png screenshot_2024-04-12_19-17-18.png

-Drift Track:
    Scenic 1.7km drift track with multiple paths to explore and perfect your drifting skills.
    canyon_rush_preview3.jpg spawn_drift_track.jpg

-City Area: Filled with skyscrapers, functional gas stations, and optimized vehicle props.
    spawn_city_parking.jpg canyon_rush_preview2.jpg spawn_city_logistics.jpg screenshot_2024-04-06_15-32-51.png Untitleddesign9.png

-Airport: Perfect for flying Wigeon.
    Untitleddesign10.png

-Camp Site: Placed within the map's scenic surroundings.
    spawn_campsite.jpg

-Diverse Terrain: Explore 25.98km of asphalt roads and 17.32km of dirt roads, including a big jump trail that loops around the map.
    Untitleddesign4.png Untitleddesign3.png Untitleddesign2.png Untitleddesign5.png

-Mystery Plot: A captivating mystery plot integrated into the map. Uncover secrets and solve puzzles.
    screenshot_2024-05-21_12-58-42.png

-35 Various Missions: including time trials, AI races, long jumps, evade, chases, crawls, drift challenges, collection and bonus mission called “Wigeon Aerobatics”.
    Screenshot_28.jpg

Technical features:

-Map Size: 2048x2048

-9 Spawn Points

-PBR Textures

-AI Support

-43.3km Of Roads

-Dynamic Lights

-Animated Objects

Credits:

Car_Killer – thanks for putting the demo map on repo.

DrowsySam – Thanks for letting me use “Flying Wingeon” in one of map’s missions.

Nadeox1 – Inspiration to animated objects.

AlexKidd71 – Awesome tool for level cleanup.

Map made mostly using official BeamNG Drive assets.

Other 3D models - skfb.ly , cgtrader.com

Special Thanks To My Patreons: Qrowdx, CrashBoomPunk, Matthew, Alex Maden, ArcticTwist, Noah

Attached Files:

• 1117244-3d686df8b13793263715f90995ffdfc6.png
    • Like Like x 3
  2. NeoVei

NeoVei
    Expand Collapse

Only clicked because of the dynamic lights, looks good!

3. SkyeDoge

SkyeDoge
    Expand Collapse

what is the difference between the paid and demo version of this map?

4. MrBox15

MrBox15
    Expand Collapse

Big L for Patreon to be the only way to buy it. At least put it on Gumroad :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KAMUS_

KAMUS_
    Expand Collapse

Demo features only race track, and paid everything else
    --- Post updated ---
    But why xD Patreon has so many advantages. It's not intended to be a monthly subscription, but it gives me the ability to organize community challenges directly, the map is 100% complete and even if game updates were to get in the way, I can still send you all updates version of the map, even if you are no longer a member

6. SamKJ3455

SamKJ3455
    Expand Collapse

because u have spend money per month for all updated version kinda tired of seeing paid mods back when this game when all mods was just free

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

The paid version is the full version. The demo is disguised as the full version on the repo, but it only has the track.
    --- Post updated ---
    Now is that 20$ reward real? because I don't see any lap times here.

8. MrBox15

MrBox15
    Expand Collapse

The problem with the map being only on patreon, is that I would need a monthly payment to keep your map updated on my end. On gumroad I pay one time and each time you would put an update out I would get it with no additional purchase. I dont want to subscribe each month to keep a map updated and especially for a mod. A small one time payment for a mod is fine imo, but requiring a sub for it is not acceptable. I dont want any benefit with it, I just want the map lol. Patreon is not the right move for beamng mod, you are working on a product and selling a product, not a service. Ngl I was hyped when I saw this map, then I saw it was paid and it was not a real deal to me. But then I saw Patreon only and just decided to not buy it. Also, ''I can still send you all updates version of the map, even if you are no longer a member'' The problem with that is if your map get many people to buy it and then unsubscribe, you will probably have a hard time sending it to each individual person and it would be really time consuming. Just check some beamng mod on gumroad, some have over 1k purchase. Imagine sending the update one by one to just 100 person. And not everyone would dm you on the same day you roll out your update. So youll end up needing to send it almost everyday to each person that dm you for it.
    The people that want to win 20$ with your challenge will subscribe cause they can win 20$. But for people that just want to play on this map, it kinda useless. This is why I think patreon is a big L for beamng mod.

Also if you could change the title to have DEMO in it, many people would appreciate it :)

EDIT: Nevermind about the last part, you have PAID in it, kinda the same thing

#8 MrBox15, May 27, 2024
    Last edited: May 27, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. KAMUS_

KAMUS_
    Expand Collapse

I see you didn't read this message at all, on Patreon I have everyone who is a member or not and there is an option to message everyone and it doesn't matter if you are a member or not so if you only pay once you will still receive all updates in the future
    --- Post updated ---
    If you would read demo's description you would know that:
    And yes the 20$ reward is real, lap times are just posted on my discord server on dedicated channel .
    upload_2024-5-27_21-4-46.png
    --- Post updated ---
    I will try to explain it to you more clearly, on Patreon I have a list of everyone who is a member or not, and it is possible to send a message to everyone with one click and it doesn't matter if you are a member or not, if you pay only once you will still receive all the updates in the future

Attached Files:

• upload_2024-5-27_21-3-0.png
    • upload_2024-5-27_21-4-40.png
  10. MrBox15

MrBox15
    Expand Collapse

Oh I see, thanks for letting me know, didnt know you could do that. Still I prefer using gumroad than patreon cause it easier to keep track of what you bought ect. You have a kind of librairy (like steam) of all the thing youve bought in the past. I go there every month and check if there is update, so its more simple to use than going on 3 different website to check everything. Just so you know im really interested in buying the map. The map is fantastic! Just the way to aquire it is more a problem for me. Anyway, you did a really good job on this map and I get a lot of fun on this demo. Hope to see a gumroad page in the future! Keep cooking!

#10 MrBox15, May 28, 2024
    Last edited: May 28, 2024
  11. KAMUS_

KAMUS_
    Expand Collapse

Thank you! I will consider gumroad for the next project :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ovahlls

Ovahlls
    Expand Collapse

I agree. Paid mods are very shitty. Why should I have to pay, first of all, but then secondly, why must it be a subscription service? I'm sure everyone can agree nobody needs another subscription service between all of the ones most of us already pay for already. If you wanna make a paid mod, fine, nobody cares, but to force people to continue paying $10 a month so they can enjoy something that shouldn't have even cost any money to begin with is batshit insane. Imagine a game company making a DLC for a game that you needed to pay continuously to be able to enjoy. Ridiculous.
    --- Post updated ---
    I honestly couldn't care if it took 5,000 hours to create, or 50,000 hours to create. Selling it as a subscription service in hopes we just forget about it and pay you $10 monthly for doing nothing is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. XJDan98

XJDan98
    Expand Collapse

Well said. Especially since the map uses nearly ALL vanilla assets. As a whole, Unfortunately, I feel that Beam is slowly drifting toward an assetto/flight sim type of modding community. A certain few members long ago decided to start rolling out paid content and now every average Joe creator thinks that their map or parts pack (often for a vanilla car) is worth a small fortune.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ovahlls

Ovahlls
    Expand Collapse

A lot of those flight sim mods made sense to be paid, though. Like especially MSFS 2020 ones that make it onto the marketplace. Not all of them, of course, should be paid, but knowing from experience (I used to make MSFS mods) the workload is absolutely incredible. Nowadays it's a bit easier to make a mod but those flight sim mods that are like $50 are honestly selling themselves short because they're actively going out and taking pictures of actual aircraft and recording their sounds and making extremely high resolution models of every little detail of the aircraft. Assetto on the other hand, yea most of those paid ones are shit, but flight sim definitely makes sense why some of those mods would be paid. It is just an insane amount of effort that gets put into them. But yea this map is not worth it and I hope more people say something because this shit shouldn't fly here. I honestly cannot even imagine the mentality of people who just spend 100s of dollars a month on stuff that honestly should be free.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. KAMUS_

KAMUS_
    Expand Collapse

You are making stuff up, there is no monthly subscription, you pay one time then you cancel membership, you get the mod and all of the updates in the future.

16. XJDan98

XJDan98
    Expand Collapse

Even if that's the case, the map is still a conglomerate of vanilla assets just rearranged in a different way. As far as I can tell in the pictures and videos, nothing is scratch made. You may have alot of time into it, but not much if any actual effort. That begs the question why should anyone be paying for game assets they have already paid for when buying the base game?

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. KAMUS_

KAMUS_
    Expand Collapse

There are things I made from scratch, but you're right, the map is mainly built from game assets and you'll probably think that it's the same ingredients but a different dish, so if you want something completely new, you probably won't like this map

18. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

As a person who clicks and mostly looks at pictures I completely missed the "it's a demo point" and was extremely disappointed. Maybe make a photo that says it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. KAMUS_

KAMUS_
    Expand Collapse

Well, the demo in the repository only contains photos of the race track, which is what it contains, or did you mean something else?

20. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

When I looked at it in the repository a few days ago, it contained images of a town, and a drift area with towers in the middle of circles. So don't pull any "but it didn't show anything bullcrap". I don't remember the city pictures well but I know FOR A FACT, that this image 1117237-3dc07d6b6f0e63966522413d954015dc.jpg , That you said was from the DRIFT track, was indeed on the repo version.

The video that I posted shows the repo page for the demo (recorded just now at around 10:10 AM EDT), which does indeed contain images of the drift track and the city.

Attached Files:

#20 Musicman27, May 28, 2024
    Last edited: May 28, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice