Great to see the OG Car Jump Arena is getting reworked! But I got some questions: 1. Will this be paid like Car Jump Arena 2 (hopefully not lol)? 2. Is there a chance that some stuff you planned for the cancelled/scrapped Beta 5 update could be added to the rework?
Nice. Yeah I said Beta 5 but I didn't know you were going to make it a separate map. I guess we're all waiting for this new map and the features it'll bring to BeamNG. Keep up the work! --- Post updated --- I'm personally against most paid mods, but there are some exceptions and Car Jump Arena 2023 (original name) was really good for its price. I won't be surprised if this is also paid, I may put some money into it if I'm not disoriented with this complex UI.
Hey, 1. Two versions are currently planned, similar to Car Jump Arena 2023/2025. More details will follow later. 2. Nothing is planned at this time. Most of the updates from the original "Beta 5" were lost due to data loss. However, I still have some 3D models. If there is significant interest, I will consider it, but not for a while. Other things have priority right now. The app's user interface is relatively simple and easy to use. Once you activate the TV overlay, everything is automatically adjusted and displayed. The rest of the app is well-structured and clearly laid out. I'll post screenshots of it soon in the new thread
This is such a good map, usually I don't like getting paid mods but this was definetely an exception, it pretty much has everything you need! I did want to suggest 3 things that in my opinion, could make it better but idk im not a map developer so yea. 1. A monster truck track/arena: I think this might be a good one for the map perhaps, maybe make it for just trucks with big suspension or something similar. 2: An offroad/onroad obstacle course: Similar to the carkour parkour, but instead its filled with different trails and rocks and hard things, and only 1 way leads out, it could go above grounf then underground, and different paths have different choices, some could help you get out, some make you get stuck, and some make you lose, the way to win is to make it out (obviously) with perhaps the least amount of time. 2.5 (technically related to the above suggestion): a smaller version of the above suggestion that could perhaps be in a stadium or a trail, but make it so both offroad vehicles and normal vehicles with either 4wd or offroad tires can make it through while being a bit tough still. 3: a crash test hall to test the durability of your cars and/or a terrain test to durability test your car! (hopefully im not bumping this thread since I don't wanna receive hate) and hopefully you consider some of these suggestions! If not though then the map is still really great otherwise! Good job man, really a step up from the old one!
Quick update for everyone: I'm happy to confirm that Car Jump Arena 2025 works perfectly with BeamNG.drive 0.39. There are no issues or limitations, so you can continue using the map without any problems on the latest version. If you do run into any issues, please let me know. I will then try to fix the problems as quickly as possible. Thank you for your support, and I hope you continue to enjoy the Car Jump Arena
I haven't taken a closer look at the map graphics yet, but I did a quick check to see if the 0.39 update broke anything. Fortunately, everything still works fine! So now I can get back to working on my next project with peace of mind. I’ve been really stressed and hesitant to continue over the last few weeks, especially with everyone worrying that version 0.39 might break a lot of mods. I’ve poured two years of hard work into this - developing a custom app, the TV overlay, and a very extensive mainLevel.lua script. That made me even more nervous about the new update. But what can I say... my fears were completely unfounded. There were zero issues or errors at all! So, let's keep going!
Nice, so it didn't break the custom night skybox since there's a new night system with a new moon? And also, I haven't played 0.39 yet, but I heard that the new dynamic night lights are apparently more optimized, I don't remember if this was the case on CJANG so will you convert the current one?
No, the night skybox wasn't damaged; it is being automatically replaced by the new system. It still exists, but it is no longer being used. Yes, the new dynamic night lights are better optimized because you can now set them to "night-only" directly within the map. This means you no longer need a mainLevel.lua for them. Further optimization isn't necessary at the moment, as everything is still working exactly as it should. My focus is currently on my new project. However, that doesn't mean the CJA2023/2025 (CJANG) won't receive any future Updates
Hello, I installed this map which is great I'm trying to display the distance of a jump. How do I do that, please?
Hey Rimkarim! Unfortunately, the TV overlay and the jump distance measurement are not included in this map. The app is still under development and will be released alongside my next map.
You do have a a distance marker on the ground with signs on each side, just look where your vehicle landed.