WIP Beta released Car Jump Arena BETA 4 Version 1702

Jump! Flip! Speeding! Crashing cars!

1. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

Yes, this is kinda weird there are errors in the console but everything is working fine on the map, no missing textures and the LODs are loading. Maybe these errors can just be ignored ?

FPS-wise, this map is turning at a constant 60fps on my computer, apart from a fall at 45fps while in the landing/sand area. I have an intel i7-4770 3.40Ghz, 16Go of Ram and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

I visited a little this map, and I have to say that I like the attention to detail you put into it. Also once the spotlights will have lightbeams this map will look great at night. The only problems I noticed are that maybe the object popping from invisible to visible is visible, and also the stairs's Colmesh is just a flat surface, it feels nothing like real stairs while driving on it, and the stairs's ramp has no Colmesh, i just drove right through it

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carlovers4life

Carlovers4life
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I have to say, this map is glorious! I got some shots with the Ibishu Pigeon STI-G, I love the custom models and the attention to detail. I can't wait for some vegetation and more roads, keep it up!
    Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

YASS IVE WAITED FOR SO LONG

4. j2305432

j2305432
    Expand Collapse

I love it, looking forward to future updates! Here are some thoughts:

• fps is mostly ok on my 7yo PC except the landing area (probably caused by the 2 stands/tribunes)
    • some curbs/transitions keeps popping the tires
    • idea: I can imagine some ramp/platform at the landing area so those who succesfully land their car can use the speed they gained and jump/continue over the barriers without braking

5. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

I've always heard that the Sketchup to collada exported wasn't great ( this was the main reason I learned Blender ), and knowing that you did everything on Sketchup I conducted a little experiment to check if what I've heard was true.

I took the freedom ( I hope you're not too angry about me modifying your assets without permission ) to import the hd grandstand mesh in Blender, I merged together the 908 (!) separated objects, and pressed a button that removed the double vertices, cleaning the model from about 6800+ vertices. ( took me only 30s to do this ). Ithen exported it using the Blender to .dae exporter

I then did some measurements : I was at 65 fps in the landing area with the sketchup-exported mesh, while I gained about 10 fps with the Blender-exported mesh ! Well, also the compressed sketchup model is 1911Ko, while the compressed Blender model is at 343 Ko ! I'm actually really impressed of such a difference, and now I understand better why the maps with sketchup assets are struggling to get good performances.
    I also included the modified mesh in this post so that you can see by yourself, hovewer it might interfer with the Lods and the textures for some reason I don't know

Attached Files:

6. MysteryManGER

MysteryManGER
    Expand Collapse

Thanks...I'll try that after my vacation. Can you give me a short tutorial how I merge the Objects together and remove the double vertices? Never worked with blender before. And is the collada plugin includet? Where can I get it?

7. CrashCarAlex

CrashCarAlex
    Expand Collapse

I have a suggestion.
    First, 2nd, 3rd place podium? If the car survives, it goes to the best spot that is open, and the other cars go to the side of the podium.

8. MysteryManGER

MysteryManGER
    Expand Collapse

Okay...I just came home from work and installed Blender. The COLLADA-Support is already onboard...but I have no Idea how to improve the meshes! Will have a look at it after my vacation (September the 21th). But THANKS for that hint...it should improve the performance a lot! :)

@CrashCarAlex:...your suggestion is already in my mind! ;) Wanted it for the september-release...but I had no time to realize it. So please be patient and wait for the upcoming releases! :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. CrashCarAlex

CrashCarAlex
    Expand Collapse

Working on an ad! :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

Even if you're not going to use this tutorial before a month, I figured I would write it out in advance
    Before starting with the tutorial to improve meshes, I want to say that Blender breaks the UV maps from sketchup :( ( if you look closely at the stand model I gave you, you'll see that there is only the colors, not the textures ( see the roof for example ))

Anyway, here's the basics on how to improve a mesh with Blender :

Before starting, clean all the objects in the right section that you won't need ( right click, then delete)

Importing from sketchup :
    Import your collada mesh you exported with sketchup
    1.PNG

Merging the objects :
    All the differents objects should already be selected ( orange/red line ), so you'll just have to press join ( if this option is gray, try unselecting and reselecting everything with the A key )
    2.PNG

Removing the doubles :
    Press Tab while the object is selected to go into edit mode ( you should see plenty of lines in the model ). Make sure you have everything selecting by pressing A twice ( one time to deselect everything, one time to reselect everything ), and press remove doubles on the left bar ( if this bar isn't here, press T )
    3.PNG
    You'll normally see an info section popping up in the top telling you how much vertices you saved ( in my example 1600 )

Fixing the UV maps :
    Ok this one is too complicated to explain here, I'll just let you search for some tutorial videos on youtube ( if you have problems, just ask me and I'll do my best to explain it )

Exporting :
    Just press this button
    4.PNG

I hope this helps making this already great map into something even more awesome ! :)

11. MysteryManGER

MysteryManGER
    Expand Collapse

First of all...thanks RyvyLo for the tutorial! Will try it after my vacation! :) And also thanks for more than 5000 downloads within the first week! :oops::D

Just wanted you to know, that the next update will be just a bugfix-update. I watched many YouTube-videos...and got a lot of feedback (thanks for that :)). Most of them reported...that you blow your tires after the sandpit. This will be fixed. Also the grandstand collision-model will be finished...so that you can drive up the stairs.

Beside the bugfixes...I got a lot of advertising-pictures for the map (Thanks a lot for it! :) ) ...they will be also part of the first bugfix-release.

Release date: October 2016.

Greetings from Mallorca, Spain :)

Attached Files:

• IMG-20160911-WA0002.jpg
    • IMG-20160909-WA0024.jpg
    • Like Like x 6
  12. MysteryManGER

MysteryManGER
    Expand Collapse

Some platform update... :)

Attached Files:

• 066.jpg
    • Like Like x 7
  13. MysteryManGER

MysteryManGER
    Expand Collapse

Just experimental...don't know if it will make it into the final version...

What do you think?

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00003.png
    • screenshot_00005.png
    • screenshot_00006.png
    • Like Like x 6
  14. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

It makes for a good way down without crashing, so it's good for me.

• Like Like x 2
  15. CrashCarAlex

CrashCarAlex
    Expand Collapse

I would like it.

16. j2305432

j2305432
    Expand Collapse

I think the more roads/ways the better if it wouldnt impact the fps

17. MysteryManGER

MysteryManGER
    Expand Collapse

Daily Update: No words...just pictures! Hope you like it! :)

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00000.png
    • screenshot_00001.png
    • screenshot_00002.png
    • screenshot_00003.png
    • Like Like x 10
  18. OldSnake

OldSnake
    Expand Collapse

QONVIyz.gif
    --- Post updated ---
    a suggestion: you can place houses on the roadside with gardens.

like a small European town :)

19. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

I love it :)

20. MysteryManGER

MysteryManGER
    Expand Collapse

A parking lot for the platform visitors :)

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00004.png
    • screenshot_00005.png
    • screenshot_00006.png
    • Like Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice