1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Cars roll when spawned - on a hill

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Ewanc, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

The race versions of cars don't stay parked at spawn. The starting line of Road Atlanta looks level, but it has ever so slight of a grade and the race version of the ETK-I Race will roll all the way down the straightaway if you leave it unattended. On Pikes Peak I made a special flattened offshoot road to start races from so the hill climber versions don't roll backwards. I think RvyvLo was having the same problem with the D-series rolling downhill, when he coupled a trailer to it at spawn time.

2. Pyro Shepherd

Pyro Shepherd
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

...So? Put the parking brake on.

3. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

^ and this isn't a bug, it's simply physics, cars roll when on hills without any brakes being applied to it.

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Arcade shifting has 20% of brake applied at spawn or when car is stationary, maybe he is using Arcade and 20% is not enough to hold car on place, would that be a bug?

5. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

For Pikes Peak, it might make sense for them to roll a little, even with 20% braking considering the grade. These cars don't seem to have any brake applied at all, especially given my example with Road Atlanta and its very slight downhill. I don't think a car would realistically move, even in neutral, in that spot.

I agree about the physics, and its probably just a tire friction issue. Real tires take a little bit of force to get rolling. The car settling on its suspension, could be enough to get it rolling I guess. I am using arcade shifting by default.

Most cars are fine, just some are rolling. Ill test to see exactly which.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice