Cars you hate the most

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by General S'mores, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Seatbelt reminders don't fasten seatbelts for you. If you need a reminder, chances are you'll disable the reminder instead.

I'm fine with them taking aids into account. Not fine with their silly policies such as "You can't get a 5-stars rating if we deem the seatbelt reminder not annoying enough to be effective", "If the car doesn't get automatic brakes it will never get the max score", "A sticker with stylized airbag crushing an infant right on the glovebox isn't enough of a warning", "We are free to lower the final score if random statistics tell us that some optional safety kit is available but won't likely be optioned by the customer", "We will retest most 5-star cars from last year to show how much more stringent new criteria are, but we'll carefully avoid to retest some VW best-sellers because they fund our research..."

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Hummers...

Bad MPG, and an gas-guzzler for this "street-legal army vehicle" that went bankrupt in 2010, and was owned by GM. That's all what I have to say.

#182 General S'mores, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  3. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Criticising the Hummer for MPG is like criticizing Phoenix for heat - you knew what you were getting into, stop complaining.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I don't even own one, and there are better off-roaders out there.
    [Also, if you can't even be able to be bought out by China, you definitely know there's no chance to survive any longer.]

#184 General S'mores, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  5. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

Okay, you've totally missed his point, you owning one is not the point at all.

Worrying about MPG in a Hummer's the very last thing the people who's bought one worries about. I mean, if someone's worried about it, then they don't buy it, simple as that. Like what he's said, the people know full well in what they're getting into, and understand that it's not getting the same MPG as a Prius.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Like I expect much from GM anymore?

7. The_Tekkit_101 2

The_Tekkit_101 2
    Expand Collapse

The Yugo, hands down.

8. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

......What?

What is there to expect?

9. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I knew you were stupid sometimes, but come on. The H1 wasn't the reason why Hummer went under. The abominations that were the H2 and H3, as well as GM going bankrupt during a recession are the reasons Hummer died.

The H1 was a very capable offroad vehicle from the factory. There are definitely other cars out there that can be modified to be better offroad, but very few, if any, were going to be better straight from the factory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Nothing, that's what...
    I mean, GM had to kill multiple brands in it's timeline, and 2010 was one of the worst. Besides the Hummer, there was Pontiac, and Saturn to die as well. Considering they had filed Chapter 11 an year before shows that if GM can't even stabilize it's market, why would I give much of it (besides Cadillac and Buick, the only brands I care for.) any attention or care? (Also, making Holden an re-badging company is as pathetic as how much well-known brands they couldn't keep alive. Ford Motor Company was better at maintaining survival, except for Mercury.
    I already know, the H1 was WAY BEFORE their demise, it was just the image that got everyone confused.
    [I'll change it so people would stop having fits about it.]

#190 General S'mores, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  11. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

There should be a BeamNG car based on this that would catch fire REALLY easily too. Also, bomb on wheels is a pretty funny description.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

That would be fun. I'd get a kick out of rear ending a Pinto based car with the Wentward.

13. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

If someone does make one...
    I'd probably ram it with the T-Series in revenge, or with an Edsel if someone does make it (although in the future I might make it.).

14. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Maybe because Ford had nowhere as much to maintain?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

You actually got a good point there. Ford only had Lincoln and Mercury (unless there's another subsidiary I'm forgetting), which they opted to get rid of the latter, so now it's just the other two left. GM on the other hand had all of those other manufacturers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

Ford also had owned Volvo, Jaguar-Land Rover at the time along with Aston Martin, which they still hold an 8% stake in, before they sold it off.

17. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

That would be Ford Europe right? I was assuming we were only talking about the American subsidiaries that fell around that time, which Hummer, Pontiac, and Saturn for GM, and Mercury for Ford are all of American origin.

18. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

Nope, Ford themselves owned those companies, Ford Europe is also a subsidiary as well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Then I guess that adds more weight to what Pacivica said about Ford maintaining themselves better than GM did at that time, since the only subsidiary that they dropped was Mercury. At least from what I know.

20. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

Well, Mercury's stopped vehicle production back in 2011, but apparently the trademark itself still remains active and registered, so if Ford, for whatever reason, could revive the Mercury brand, atleast until 2025, but yeah.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice