Cars you hate the most

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by General S'mores, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Ernest1

Ernest1
    Expand Collapse

PT cruiser

2. zschmeez

zschmeez
    Expand Collapse

I've taken my Prius on some twisty roads with success. I was managing to keep up with my friend driving an E350 4Matic. Sure, he had me on the straights, but I was keeping up in the turns. The battery is below the rear seats, resulting in a low center of gravity, and handling that's not bad. Keep in mind, any economy car will not be a driver's car. But a Prius is no worse than a basic Corolla or Chevy Spark.

Also, here is that Car&Driver article. It's under 10 seconds to 60, and I can confirm from experience that it is capable of over 100 mph.

#62 zschmeez, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  3. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

That wasn't the article; it was a comparison test between a lower-line Prius with 15-inch wheels, a Honda Insight, and a 1998 Chevy Metro. Which makes sense, considering that even that article admits the base model is a cornering disaster with slow steering and awful suspension settings.

4. FaizMAS118

FaizMAS118
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    Toyota Prius. Do I Have To Say More?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

What?

6. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Yes, because it's a good car.

Not a fun one (though the batteries provide a low centre of mass), but that's like complaining about sugar not being spicy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Here's the images if you didn't get it:

8. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Why... Chevy... just why...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. King of Unnecessary Saves

King of Unnecessary Saves
    Expand Collapse

My mother hated her mother's 1979-80 Pontiac Bonneville 4 Door, it was green. And guess what? There's one that's the same exact color as grandma's, and it's for sale on Craigslist. If I had $7,900, you'd bet I'd buy it for her.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Because it's a good Nissan Leaf competitor, as well as a sub-Tesla-Model-3 electric car.

11. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

I don't get the connection to drugs but yes, they all look the same

12. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

It's the hyper-design that gives me that feeling, but it's your point of view, so IRYO (I respect your opinion.)

13. Youngtimer

Youngtimer
    Expand Collapse

These boxy kei cars. I don't know how people who drive them aren't embarrassed, because they drive boxes litteraly. I know that these cars have low fuel consumption and low taxes...but still. There are many nicer cars which still have low consumption and low taxes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

With all these tiny cars around, I wonder does the Japanese government even care about people's safety. Or is it a population reduction plan?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Actually, the Diet (in other words the Japanese government) has been trying to get rid of these kind of cars... which actually more sense than ending American estates.

16. zschmeez

zschmeez
    Expand Collapse

I did a quick Google search for "Prius vs Insight vs Metro," and the first result is the exact article you are talking about. And as I said, it's not meant to be a performance car. But I've been able to have some fun with it, you just have to go for it. For me, I'll be commuting 50 miles round trip per day to college starting in September, so this Prius means I won't be spending an arm and a leg on gas. And since I'm saving on gas, it also means I can start saving up for my dream car, an early NA Mazda Miata.

17. ADHDRacer

ADHDRacer
    Expand Collapse

The Got Damn Prius, enough said. (Not trying to call you out zschmeez, your opinion is just as valuable as mine :))
    The 2012 Jeep Liberty. I hate SUVs in general, but f*** me is the Jeep Liberty bad. Just my opinion.
    Every new subcompact (Toyota Yaris, Mazda 2, Chevy Spark, so on and so forth)
    The Newer Toyota Celica. Just seeing a 1994 Celica makes me sad, knowing what it became.
    Lamborghini Urus. If I was rich and needed an SUV, I'd buy a Range Rover. Not a Urus. I believe the Urus is one of the ugliest modern cars.
    --- Post updated ---
    The Latter

18. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

The Toyota Supra. I hate all the fanboys who say "It's faster then a Lambo because you can mod it cheaper!" And it's way overrated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Plus, who asked for an Lamborghini SUV anyways? I'd rather have an modern Lamborghini sedan.

20. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

If they're making it instead, there must be more demand.

At least among those who actually have the money to get a Lambo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice