Cars You Like that Nobody Else Does

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by ADHDRacer, Mar 5, 2017.

1. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I too have heard of that conversion, think it was a 360 or something. Could you use a manual with that conversion or was it AT only?

Makes me wonder whether the car was originally envisioned as a V8/RWD muscle car, only to be switched to FWD because of weight, fuel economy, and the fact that everyone else was doing it, with RWD left "baked in" to the design by some crazy engineer who wanted to throw the modders a bone.

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yugo actually had many parts from that I think, surely might of been from 128 or some other Fiat, but lot of Fiat in Yugo.

127 Sport with 1.3l engine was as hot hatch as it ever had, not sure if hot hatch thing had quite going before 127 was out of production. Something like 75 hp and 775kg so it was not the slowest despite small motor and not very much of power, but at early 80's 75hp was sporty.

3. LeafeonGold

LeafeonGold
    Expand Collapse

I have an unhealthy fascination with the Grumman LLV.

These are small, light, and pretty nimble, I always had ideas to turn these into "toy haulers" for bikes or ATVs and such. Plus, RHD for scene points at car meets. :p

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Might also make for a pretty interesting "yolo car" with a Super Duty 4 version of the Iron Duke some came with (though apparently attempting to install an existing SD4 as is might cause issues related to a different bellhousing or something).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. on3cherryshake

on3cherryshake
    Expand Collapse

2008 Ford Taurus. I want one as my first car.

242563.jpg

6. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Here's the hot hatch version:

upload_2017-3-15_10-24-26.png

7. Aleferna_dls

Aleferna_dls
    Expand Collapse

Fiat Multipla. I think I'm the only one i like it, aswell as the Hyundai Matrix

8. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Curvy Corvette? Nope, it's a Toyota FT-1

Well, I bet nobody likes this truck, but I think it looks decent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

nope you´re not the only one

10. Lamzumi

Lamzumi
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that's the FT-1. Which is the base for the new Toyota Supra in whatever year they're going to release it ;)
    I'm pretty excited for it, but I know I'll never own one. Hopefully it's going to be just like the LFA; one hell of a nice car to look at and that's about as far as my feeling go for the car.

• Like Like x 2
  11. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I think you could use a manual and beleve it or not the daytona is a k car with a sporty body although a car like what you are thinking was the fiero, it was supposed to have custom suspension and an actual preformance motor like the gn's v6 or a small v8 and although it used the iron duke and a v6 v8s and gn v6s swap right in

12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I know of its origins; I used to know way more than strictly necessary about the K-cars and their derivatives. I suppose I forgot momentarily for that post... though wasn't it a derivative rather than a "true" K-car?

The Fiero was indeed a masterpiece of corporate idiocy.

1984: Hey, we have this sleek new sports car! Check it out! It has like 85 HP and parts-bin suspension but you should still buy it!
    1985: OK, OK, here's a V6, sorry... wait, you're upset it only has a 4-speed gearbox? Why is that a problem? Some of our best cars have had 4-speed gearboxes! Besides, we gave you 5-speeds with the I4s!
    1986: OK, fiiiiiiiiiiine, here's a 5-speed for the V6. Now love us.
    1988: Here, here's some actually good suspension so it can corner better.
    1989: We're not selling enough so no more Fieros. Sorry.

The worst part is, the planned 1989+ Fiero was going to have a high-output Quad Four as the base engine and a DOHC V6 in the sports version (prototype had an early Twin Dual Cam and production versions probably would have as well), and some have even said a version with the Grand National's turbo V6 was being tested around that time. It would have been America's answer to the SW20 MR2, only faster, and it would have been epic.

#72 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. cookies and milk

cookies and milk
    Expand Collapse

after I saw Doug Demuro's vid on this I became fascinated by the thing

• Like Like x 1
  14. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I've not come across one other person that likes the Ford Probe. I love them, especially the second generation.

IMG_7897.jpg

Look. It's the right amount of 90's curvy, has pop-up headlights, and the GT version has a spritly little 2.5L V6. It fits the perfect road car formula of "fast enough to have fun."

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I remeber seeing one on my way to work for sale a couple years ago but no one wanted to buy it i think its still there

16. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

My mom used to have one I think it was a '92 or a '93 she said it was a fun car to drive

My favorite car that no one else really likes is the Edsel (all of them) I've been fascinated by their design ever since I saw one in a book about cars that I had (it was an Edsel Bermuda in spring green color I think)
    a06b0f374f747e135f7b7af58c110c72.jpg ford-edsel.jpg 132934_Front_3-4_Web.jpg edsel-corsair-5.jpg

Attached Files:

• p18dpdmfs3nsr178tscuok21t045.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  17. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

This beauty. I want it as my first car.

18. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

This. The 1948 Toyota Corolla. 99% of people i talk to say they've never heard of it.

• Informative Informative x 4
  19. CarsAreLife77

CarsAreLife77
    Expand Collapse

Chevrolet Colorado. NO, not the new one that's the size of the Silverado. I'm talking about the 2011 Colorado. Except, no one pays any attention to them. upload_2017-4-12_22-39-24.png

Attached Files:

• upload_2017-4-12_22-38-21.png
  20. RacerRobin24

RacerRobin24
    Expand Collapse

Faraday Future FF91

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice