Cars you would HATE to have

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by nosraenyr kcirtap kcin, Oct 25, 2017.

  1. Cheekqo

    Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2016
    Messages:
    1,455
     
  2. workclock1©

    workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2016
    Messages:
    2,552
    A Toyota Prius. (coming from a Muscle Car Guy)
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. enjoyinorc6742

    enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2015
    Messages:
    1,633
    cars i would hate to have? any super car. way to low and not practical for anything other than running from cops and going fast.......into a tree
     
  4. MrAnnoyingDude

    MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 4, 2016
    Messages:
    2,028
    No shit.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. General S'mores

    General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2013
    Messages:
    4,484
    The Renault Wind.
    .
    First of all, it's one of the WTF convertibles I ever seen, so people probably might gawk at it, and second, the cargo space is pretty small, as the volume is 9.5 cuFT. Compare that to an 2009 Clio, at 11.3 cuFT, which has more space, it really shows that this is less likely to transport as much of the limit of space in other Renaults at the time.
     
  6. dukeoblivious

    dukeoblivious
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2017
    Messages:
    530
    I'll have to disagree with you there. I actually got a ride in a Tesla Model 3 yesterday, and hot damn that thing is fast. I've never felt anything like it.
    Hey... I drive a 2010 Prius...
    I can say from experience, they're not that bad.
    Um... Actually...
    I can see how that would be a downgrade. Unless you're driving 40 miles a day to commute, in which case, a Prius has its merits.

    In all honesty though, I'm just kidding around. :)
    (I can provide full counter arguments if necessary.)
     
  7. MrAnnoyingDude

    MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 4, 2016
    Messages:
    2,028
    It's one of the better small convertibles.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  8. General S'mores

    General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2013
    Messages:
    4,484
    If I did want an convertible, I would prefer an bigger one, like an Corvette or an [Bentley] Continental. Plus, it's pretty awkward for an small convertible anyways. I'd would buy an Cooper convertible instead of the Wind if I was looking for an small cabriolet.
     
  9. Deleted member 160369

    Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    God, I miss the "Funny" rating... :p
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  10. Michaelflat

    Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2014
    Messages:
    1,543
    Literally any car with an incompetent automatic transmission
    Don't get me wrong autos are nice and all, but when they are just a bit out of tune with you, the driver they are awful and you will want to get rid of it asap
     
  11. dukeoblivious

    dukeoblivious
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2017
    Messages:
    530
    So basically most of the automatic transmissions in BeamNG?

    I agree with an older automatic being pretty mediocre. However, I love a good modern automatic. The one in my Toyota Sienna is responsive, and it shifts when you expect it to, based on throttle position. Foot on the floor? It'll rev to redline. Lightly on the gas? Time for some short shifting. A modern automatic made in the last few years will be just fine.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Michaelflat

    Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2014
    Messages:
    1,543
    yeah the beamNG transmissions I don't think will ever be spot on. But even new transmissions where they just haven't been coded correctly where they rev too high or too low can be a pain. For example on a 4cyl turbodiesel, you want revs as minimum as possible to reduce noise from the unrefined engine, but performance is to be kept. But some just don't find the balance.
     
  13. dukeoblivious

    dukeoblivious
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2017
    Messages:
    530
    Hmm... Only diesel I've ever driven was a Ford F350 with the massive 6.7 V8 turbodiesel... noise isn't really a concern there. However, I've never run into an automatic transmission in a gasoline car that I found to be annoying or inconvenient.
     
  14. MrAngry

    MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2013
    Messages:
    612
    I wonder, in what way were they worse compared to their contemporaries? Because I happen to like them.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. TWilliams458

    TWilliams458
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2016
    Messages:
    648
    Morris Ital. No other words needed.
     

    Attached Files:

    • MorisItal.jpg
  16. MrAnnoyingDude

    MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 4, 2016
    Messages:
    2,028
    It's got cheap drivertain parts, a modicum of reliability and the decent Twingo/Clio platform.

    Plus, the competition is stuff like Fiat 500, Peugeot 207CC or Nissan Micra C+C.
     
  17. Deleted member 160369

    Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Quite a few shortcuts taken during its troubled development (quality issues, ancient engines, corrosion).

    By the time a few early issues were finally ironed out, the car was simply too dated to compete with the likes of the VW Golf and the Ford Escort.
    The 500C wasn't really an alternative, and I'd take one over that silly-named maggot of a car any day.

    And... yes, compared to the other two, especially the Micra, it might be not that bad... but all in all, it was so lackluster its production was halted pretty soon.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Alex_Farmer557

    Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2016
    Messages:
    3,553
    Note- Safety features in my Saab
    Doesn’t have: Airbags
    Has: Side impact bars, Backwards Longitudinally mounted engine with gearbox underneath to prevent protrusion, Seatbelts, Crumple zone, Strengthened A, B and C pillars, Huge rubber bumpers.

    Not all old cars are deathtraps.
     
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Deleted member 160369

    Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Sure.

    Your SAAB was certainly safer than its contemporaries, but wouldn't be a safe car by today's standards.
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  20. Alex_Farmer557

    Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2016
    Messages:
    3,553
    Yep. The bumpers you’ll break your shins/knees.
    Kinda like the camaro zl1 1le
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice