Outdated Cessna 120 - Beta Released V1.1 (now with fixed vibrations)

Discussion in 'Air' started by Fundador, Dec 4, 2013.

1. catman2119

catman2119
    Expand Collapse

Re: Cessna 120

Do you get the controls? not sure i understand because im pressing g and e and what not and nothing happends. all i have is rudder forward and reverse
    -

2. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

One of you needs to change the controls in the OP. It says T/G for up and down and F/G for left and right (Instead of F/H).

Edit: Wait, is your post above Fun for Sam's controls? Either way, the G key is conflicting with two commands as listed in the OP.

Edit again: Ninja'd. That was quick!

3. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

oops my bad changed :)

4. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

Too bad these controls don't work with a controller like Sam's do though =/

5. catman2119

catman2119
    Expand Collapse

I know im not the smartest but i dont even understand the controls. i cant be that dumb

6. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

Ye, we thought about it but decided that its easier to simplify them in a later version than to make it simple from the start :). We may well release a simplified version later but when you get the hang of this version its quite rewarding as it allows you do a lot more such as stalls and vertical descents without reaching over-speed.

- - - Updated - - -

The best way to explain it is to imagine its sams plane, but with the controls on TFGH rather than the arrow keys.
    Once you get the hang of that, you just have to remember to accelerate with the up arrow at the same time :)
    If your not going todo complex stuff then the only time you should need left and right arrows are for turning when taxiing in the ground.

7. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, sorry about that but the controls in BeamNG are quite limited as to what you can change. For our plane we needed throttle since it's a fixed pitch propeller, and if we changed the throttle binding everyone would have to adjust their binds.

EDIT: Ninja'd

8. yyriFIN

yyriFIN
    Expand Collapse

Re: Cessna 120 - Beta Released V1.0

Ahh, I need to be on automatic gear mode instead manual. So it relies on the torque converter effect? Now it flies nicely, now "bombing" civetta with this!

9. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the torque converter and clutch to say. Manual works, but it's best to use Manual+Clutch.
    Using the Manual+Clutch is good because it keeps the prop spinning and brake doesn't make it go into reverse :)

10. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

Ok so after trying this plane with the correct controls, it doesn't fly. All it does is taxi along at 16 MPH while the rotor is shaking so much it looks like the front of the plane is going to rip off. It never speeds up any faster then that.

EDIT, will try it with automatic

11. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Just use automatic, Manual is no good
    There's no gears to change anyway

12. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

Works pretty good with automatic, but you really should work on getting the prop balanced, it shakes so much it breaks the plane when landing.

13. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

Ye its a problem were working on, If i recall Kamil_ was having a hard time making it powerful enough to lift the plane of without shaking like mad. It'll be fixed in an update some time soon ;)
    It is possible to land, it just takes some practice!

14. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

I thought the propeller was balanced, but it was still shaking, I thought it was something else. I just checked it now and it was actually asymmetrical, so thanks for that; you helped me fix it ;)

15. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

bring on v1.01 haha

16. Olrosse

Olrosse
    Expand Collapse

the download link isnt there after u updated

17. eriqable

eriqable
    Expand Collapse

The TFGH controlls won't work. The arrow keys work as they should but when i try to take of the G button won't work. I also tried to use one of the small hills in the test map as a ramp and as I expected the other control keys didn't work either. :(
    Any fix for this problem? The controlls works on drowsey sams Rocket Plane Bolide and they're also TFGH.

18. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

Try now?^

As for the person claiming the controls don't work, Im pretty certain they do, i imagine you havent replaced the .lau files. try installing the mod again following the instructions on the first post :)

19. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Do you have custom keyboard bindings? otherwise you didn't install the Lua file correctly as Fundador said

20. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

Ironically you fixed the vibrations right as I was about to post this... R.I.P DerPy PlaNe:

kdiN1eK.gif

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice