Outdated Cessna 120 - Beta Released V1.1 (now with fixed vibrations)

Discussion in 'Air' started by Fundador, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

phahaha, its much nicer in interior cam aswell now lol

2. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Interior is not done! :p

Oh and, is it just for me that the cams are at an angle? :(

3. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

I love how it flies, it's quite challenging too!
    although i want to point out two things, the cockpit is very flexible, it flexes around a lot xD, and the windscreen from the inside has a very foggy look to it, although i was testing this plane on the insane tests map.

overall i still really enjoy flying it, and can't wait for the airport map to be released so i can actually have a place to land it

4. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

The interior basically needs to be 'started'. Nothing in the interior is final, so don't worry that the dash flexes xD
    I haven't really used the interior views, so thanks for pointing out that about the windshield transparency because I wouldn't have noticed :p

Do you think it flies alright? I don't really know, but there is a few things that really annoy me and I can't seem to fix them

Also, yes, I'd love for the airport map to be released as well ;)

#84 Kamil_, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  5. Baltasar1998

Baltasar1998
    Expand Collapse

huuumm i think than the engine should be more powerful because i lose a lot of seeped when turning the plane and the plane itself still shake too much.I mean the Sam´s plane go in a strait line wile this one is more difficult to control and turn.

but this is a early beta :) so this problems are normal :) the Sam´s plane have problems too so nice work ;):)

Never give up \o/

6. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

well iv'e flown a zenith ch2000 in real life.
    The cessna flies well but the controls do seem slightly unresponsive but i'm not sure of the speed i'm going where that happens, i haven't put the speedometer mod into the game yet since i'm waiting for an official one.
    The right wing is also missing a small portion of it on the tip xD, and the interior cam is slightly tilting to the left.

The tail lifting up during take off by itself is realistic, since that shows that there is plenty of lift there to start taking off,
    so it does fly quite nicely

7. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

I agree that this is less simple to fly than sams but I personaly think it handles more like a plane should haha. I do love sams plane aswell though ;p

- - - Updated - - -

On most maps the windscreen is fine but I had th same issue on the puregrid map

8. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

How the hell did we not see that? :mad:
    Actually I think I did but assumed it was glass..
    Anyhow, thanks for the input. Personally I think it flies well within reason, it's not a stunt plane, but it does feel a little unresponsive like you say

9. asad1234

asad1234
    Expand Collapse

Yeah finally planes :) 2 planes :):) CHRISTMAS

10. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

So it uses thrusters for lift? Why not use actual wings like DrowsySam's Cessna?

11. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't?:confused:
    It uses triangles like Sam's and Miura's planes :)

12. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Uhh:

If you have to hold G, then it means you're using a thruster for lift. Nothing can be bound to an arbitrary key except a thruster. Sam's plane doesn't require you to hold any button down to glide or get lift.

13. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

Interesting. I just accelerated the plane without pressing G, and eventually the tail will rise up at around 80MPH, but I can get the plane all the way up to 170MPH before the rotor just explodes and no lift came from the main wings, so you may be right.

14. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry but did you try it out first?
    I added 2 extra "electrics" values for T/G and F/H keys, then used those values in my hydros. No thrusters, except for testing which I have rid for the beta.
    Also, planes don't just take off on their own :p The controls are different from DrownySam's plane. Where he has no input for throttle, we do, and where his elevators are controlled by up and down arrows, in our planes this is controlled by T and G keys.
    In DrowsySam's plane there is no key for throttle (thrust is controlled by gears) and no rudder, but in ours there is; hence the extra buttons and rewired controls to the TFGH keys.

Part of the hydros code:
    Code:
    {"factor":-0.16},
    {"inputSource":"plane_elevator"},
    ["evr","sv1"],
    ["evl","sv1"],
    I'm sure, as you are, that "plane_elevator" does not exist in the electrics.lua by default ;)

15. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

So little Cessnas can usually go up to 170MPH without getting any lift? o_O

screenshot_00149.png

16. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

The aero surfaces don't really provide lift on their own, they're just flat; unlike real wings which do provide lift up when moving forward. I understand what you are saying though. I'll see if there is anything to do about that

17. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Depends on the plane. My dad was a pilot and he told me that if you don't pitch up, you're not getting off the runway. The speed and time it would take to be able to take off without pitching up, would be quite high.

Edit: Just to clarify, my dad flew F16 fighter jets, so outcomes will vary xD

18. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Oh, I didn't realize you had edited the core game Lua. My bad.

19. person4me

person4me
    Expand Collapse

I installed the plane correctly, yet the ailerons and elevators do not work. :c

20. catman2119

catman2119
    Expand Collapse

Ok so I am not sure why but my controls TGHF are not working. any reason as to why? plane will go forward just fine but other controls do not work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice