WIP Beta released Chalk Canyon Nuclear Official Thread

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Elvisnake, May 27, 2020.

1. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

This level is born from an really old idea... Start in 2013 the concept was to make a more realistic version of the Chalk Canyon from destruction derby 2. The purpose was not only to propose a level, I wanted to make a backstory too, and here come the nuclear plant. Now I have publish the first map version two weeks ago, (thanks to Ryvylo for his precious help), and the feedback make me confident enought to publish this thread. It doesn't seem, but I have spend a lot of time into this project, to delivery something that I hope, will make you recovering the fun of old car games.

Cette map est née d'une très vieille idée... Commencé en 2013 le concept était de faire une version plus réaliste du Chalk Canyon de destruction derby 2. Le but n'était pas seulement de proposer un niveau, je voulais faire une histoire également. Maintenant que j'ai publié la première version il y a deux semaines (Merci a Ryvylo pour sa précieuse aide), les retours m'ont suffisamment donné confiance pour publier ce thread. Cela ne parait pas, mais j'ai passé énormément de temps dans ce projet, pour proposer quelque chose qui, je l'espère, vous fera retrouver le fun des vieux jeux de voiture.

Here I will share with you the advancement of the project, few videos, some developpment pics, and the choices for next updates.

Ici je partagerais avec vous l'avancement du projet, quelques videos, des image du developpement, et les choix pour les prochaines mises à jours

Download it here!

Every feedback, critics and ideas are welcome.

Tout retour, critiques et idées sont bienvenues

You can use it for your videos, just don t forget the credits and a link to this map. I always answer to the MP too.

Vous pouvez l'utiliser dans vos vidéos, n'oubliez pas de me créditer et de mettre un lien vers cette map. Je réponds également à toutes les sollicitations par MP.

Enjoy the fun!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jeppoer

Jeppoer
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for putting so much effort in this, it really paid off! The falling rocks in the scenarios are awesome as well, this is something more people should implement in their scenarios :)

3. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

Thanks to you to enjoy it! I don't know if you notified but it's present on free driving too;)

OK guys important notice:

Version 1.1 is coming, I m testing phase it and the stuff added is:​

New scenario Escape from Chalk Canyon: At the end of the race day, race against survivors to arrive first at the boat and go back home. But you are on fuel reserve (inspirated by Top Gear Chernobyl episode, idea proposed by
    Ray Boccino on his youtube comment)

AI support on the 3 tracks! (thanks again to Ryvylo, the falling rocks work now with this function)

Minor map adds and corrections

Available later this week, hope you will like it:p

#3 Elvisnake, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  4. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

AI SUPPORT??? My wishlist for this map was AI support! Also it's called AI not IA

5. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

Error corrected thanks

This is it, sorry my french make me inverted the two letters but yes it will be possible to pop cars and race against in free drive mod;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

I didn't know you were french. Also the ship race location looks like a MarioKart track lol

7. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

Now that you said that it's true that it seems :p

8. Jeppoer

Jeppoer
    Expand Collapse

Damn, that sounds so cool! I'll wait patiently :D

9. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

Guys, V1.1available now!

11released.png
    screenshot_2020-05-29_09-34-42.png
    EscapefromChalkCanyon.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

11. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

Ai Supported for all tracks, check this if you have trouble:

Let me know if everything is ok for you.

#11 Elvisnake, May 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 30, 2020
  12. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone, I would like to show you some early WIP pics for next updates, if you have some suppositions, I listen.

A.png C.png B.png

All the nuclear plant will be rebuild, like this player can go inside the site an more, and I begin to think about undergroud area...

• Like Like x 3
  13. Jeppoer

Jeppoer
    Expand Collapse

Looks very nice! Maybe you can make a themed race for it, maybe a race where you have to transport some radioactive barrels out of the power plant or something...?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

You re smart, you guess right:p
    Yes a race (only one?:rolleyes:) is already planified. I like your idea with the barrels, as always I have to check if it's interesting and funny to play so: why not?;)

#14 Elvisnake, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jeppoer

Jeppoer
    Expand Collapse

Awesome! I'm really enjoying the aspect of the falling rocks in the first few races. It would be cool if you could add some kind of interactivity in the coming races.
    it's hilarious to see other cars (and yours) be smashed up within seconds by an ignorant big fat rock

• Like Like x 1
  16. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

Agree with you. The fact is I would like to put some destructible stuff like in motorstrom apocalyspe if you ever play this... In Beam object it's much more complicated and for now I just can't made personalised stuff, except if find somebody motivated to help me. And animation in torque 3D is without collision... so I have to try some animated objects I have done ingame and see how to integrate it.

Exemple I have made here:

First I finish the level in this new vision, then I will see what I can do to implement some fun events.

Again earlier WIP of the nuclear plant:

WIP_Nuc_Plant.png

#16 Elvisnake, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone,

Some WIP to present the advancement of the week end, the buildings for the plant are almost done, started the modelisation for underground area.

A.png B.png C.png
    D.png F.png I.png
    Hope you like it.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Jeppoer

Jeppoer
    Expand Collapse

Wow, that looks kind of scary in some way.
    Looks very promising!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

Yeah maybe too much post apocalyptic inspiration...
    Sorry for the lack of post I m back in professional life so I don't advance on this as fast as I would like.

I have made necessary corrections for present files in the map (for the next two updates)

screenshot_2020-06-15_00-05-26.png

Here you can see the walk side edge, not include on the main road before.

Fortunatly the 3d of the plant and underground part is done, the import process begin, I hope finish it for next weeckend, I think that I will have trouble with few textures modifications. Then I will test it, make correction and put race way and details.

Here some pics:
    screenshot_2020-06-14_23-52-15.png

screenshot_2020-06-14_23-50-51.png

Little game: did you reconize the emplacement of the new tunnel entrance?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Jeppoer

Jeppoer
    Expand Collapse

Hey man, great progress so far!
    Don't let this mod take all your available time, we can wait ;)

To be honest, I don't recognize the tunnel entrance, is it from a movie of some kind?

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice