WIP Beta released Change Engine Sound in Real Time Script (update 08.12.13)

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by user099, Nov 10, 2013.

1. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

it dont work it wont make the sounds wok in game i get original

2. The Maximum

The Maximum
    Expand Collapse

This...is...awesome!
    Not only because overwriting the .ogg manually while running the game only works in 20% of the cases, without restart. Its damn annoying too if you try a load of them. Veery useful, thanks!
    Look, I've extended: (last 6 ones)
    SFX.png

I think, especially the naked Derby Banger V8 (fits great to the Monster Truck) and the nice roaring Gallardo V10 are worth trying. So, if somebody is interested, I just upload:

(if you dont use the soundmod tool, just rename them in cheetah_engine, u know how it works)
    ...ah and, all credit goes to...gabester. what else.

---EDIT---
    I got another few sounds, a bigger V10 that sounds kind of like a Viper, cleaned the Gallardo so that it doesnt scream periodically (what is annoying at constant speed), a small very high touring 4-cylinder that reminds me of Kawasaki Ninja, and a random V6. Note that I didnt intend to imitate certain sounds, I just named them after what they sound like. Download them in the second attachment:

Attached Files:

#22 The Maximum, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  3. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

4. The Maximum

The Maximum
    Expand Collapse

Yeah thx I know, for example I was quite impressed by the details in ti2000's sound file, but havent tested all of the posted ones yet. And cant be bothered to create some out of videos... Not convinced it will be something else than shit

5. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

Pm them and ask if they want to help and test some sound files^^

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk 2

6. The Maximum

The Maximum
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, just added some more sounds in my upper post...

7. xFaiLx

xFaiLx
    Expand Collapse

I have installed this as you told us in the description. I am having trouble using it I am not sure what keys or numbers to hit i have looked everywhere i know on here but still cant find it. Can you tell me what keys to hit? thank you
    -xFaiLx

Never Mind i have it now but the sounds are very high pitched for me
    is it supposed to be like that?
    -xFaiLx

#27 xFaiLx, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  8. user099

user099
    Expand Collapse

depends on the car you are using the sounds for. when you are using a "high-rev" car it sounds not good with a soundfile made for "low-rev". just try a bit.

or does anyone else have this problem?

9. xFaiLx

xFaiLx
    Expand Collapse

I had to reset my computer so it will be awhile before I get the mod again but thanks for the help and i might come back and check it out ever once and awhile

10. Citymoukari

Citymoukari
    Expand Collapse

Excuse me? Batch files are better, you can check the code before you open it so you see what it does. Duh..

11. Jacksonb

Jacksonb
    Expand Collapse

Which folder do you put it into?

12. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

actually, you can view the code of a batch file, to see if it's safe :/, so it adds even more security vs a .exe

13. FajaBalla

FajaBalla
    Expand Collapse

Plan on working on this again? I still use it. It's a great idea but I have a hard time adding in new sounds.

14. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

Re: Small Script to change Engine Sound in Real Time

The best possible way to capture an engine sound is to record it with clean sound and little background noise, have it at full throttle but held at the same lowish RPM (3000-4000 is probably best) for 1-5 seconds and have that as the only sound, no rising or dropping in RPM just constantly held. Then replace the engine sound file or use the app this gentleman has provided to us. Thanks by the way, I will be using this :) You can get away with using a half second clip or even less but it will not be as good quality on the whole. It is usually hard to find a good clip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice