Unsolved Changing sun object elevation/azimuth

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Aboroath, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Greetings!

I am having a problem manipulating the sun object. I need to transform it's elevation to a specific setting.
    I have deleted the entire original sun/sky object and created a single sun object without issue. I have installed
    a skybox successfully and now need to match the sun object with the skybox sun position.

Muria pointed out ( thank you ), that the sun object can be changed via the 'azimuth override' setting within the TOD inspector pane and I have done that. However, it appears the elevation is stuck at 3.5 degrees. I have tried changing elevation/azimuth settings in the sun object itself with no effect. When I activate the TOD function the sun moves and the new settings will update in the sun object but fail to hold.

When I save all this the .mis records these new settings but when I start the map the sun is back at 3.5 degrees
    even though the sun object says it should be at the new 90 degree setting.

In a nut shell: Manual changing of the sun elevation will not work. TOD azimuth override changes work but will not save. Sun object changes are recorded to the level.mis but do not show up in game.

Advice or tips? Thanks in advance.

2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I'll condense this: Can anyone change the elevation of their sun object?, ( not the sunsky but an added singular sun ).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice