1. This is an off-topic section of the forum.
    If you have an issue related to BeamNG, please post in Troubleshooting section instead.

Cheapest of the cheap

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Speedmos17, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Speedmos17

Speedmos17
    Expand Collapse

I have a dell 980optiplex machine with 8 gigs of ram, an intel i7 running at 3.1 ghz and a radeon rx550 4gb gddr5, all in all cost me about 300 dollars including upgrades and so, good for runnning beamng at 30-50 fps at 720p resolution. Tell me all about the cheap or crappy systems you´ve played games on!

2. FaceyDuck

FaceyDuck
    Expand Collapse

I’ve played games on a 2015 MacBook that had a 1.1 GHz Intel core M and 8 GB of DDR3 RAM and integrated graphics. It couldn’t even run .io games properly.

3. Speedmos17

Speedmos17
    Expand Collapse

I used to have a weak laptop too, i had a toshiba satellite it was absolute crap, it would turn off randomly could barely run flash games 1.3 ghz 4gb ram integrated grahics, ended up dead after 11 years i will miss it
    --- Post updated ---
    Some more specs: 500gb seagate hdd, windows 10 pro, a wireless logitech keyboard and mouse

4. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

I've played on a hp envy 15 (i think) with an amd a10 cpu and radeon intergrated graphics. it couldn't run gridmap on low at 20 fps

5. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

This should actually play the game decently well since I’m thinking that this is a second or third gen chip. I ran the game with a 2GB GT1030 which is a TINY bit faster than that Rx 550 but I ran it on an AMD FX CPU which is boatloads behind your CPU.
    --- Post updated ---
    Use lower settings and you’ll be good!

6. Speedmos17

Speedmos17
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the recommendation, and i just got 16gb of ram so, i can finally run it well!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice