Released Cherrier Picnic ('92 - '03) [PAID] 1.4

French hatchback from the 90s.

1. Joobles

Joobles
    Expand Collapse

over 30 pages in 2 days? yikes this community has some serious issues. All I can say is thank you for what you brought to the modding community, LucasBE.
    kers23.png

#801 Joobles, May 3, 2022
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 23
  2. LJ_DC20

LJ_DC20
    Expand Collapse

how to drive like the french: get a base model (in this case, this), get the largest engine that fits, swap some shit, and you're done, boom. done!

but really, by the pics i see, it looks like a well made mod
    good job Lucas! ;)

3. Vibestation 5

Vibestation 5
    Expand Collapse

Despite all this, from mod progression alone. The picnic is a dev quality car with tons of hours in it. Honestly a shame people leaked it because they were absolute cheapskates to complain about 4 euro. Would you steal a Big Mac? They can afford a game, and a PC. But not a cheap mod, rant aside. I feel bad about how it all went down. Honestly, it’s best to ignore the cheapskates, get the mod taken down off third parties, it looks really good, don’t want to see it go to waste. Quite a good mod though. :cool:

#803 Vibestation 5, May 3, 2022
  4. IShokku

IShokku
    Expand Collapse

dude he actually posted a link to gumroad.
    upload_2022-5-3_7-1-57.png upload_2022-5-3_7-2-15.png

5. Softshell

Softshell
    Expand Collapse

You guys need to chill out. A really talented modder asks for less than 5 dollars for a dev quality mod and now everyone is mad because there to broke to buy it. Stop hating on Lucas just because he wants a little bit of a reward for his mods.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. LeGran

LeGran
    Expand Collapse

NEW CHERRIER PICNICCCCCC

Attached Files:

• retouch_2022050214270934.jpg
    #806 LeGran, May 3, 2022
  7. bersta2

bersta2
    Expand Collapse

Yeah... There is a shitty discord server who leaks his mods for some reason!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Captainalpha0

Captainalpha0
    Expand Collapse

Hello Lucas!
    I wanted to DM you but I can't so everyone will read that I guess lol

I saw you're belgium so I guess we can speak French, but I'll continue in English to respect everyone.

I saw your amazing mod and what's happening with it, I'm really sorry for you. You know, it's always like that, piracy is a thing and people will always try to get something for free. I saw your mod on a russian website, I wanted to report that but russian is not my thing. I'll let you guys do your best.

Anyways, now on the real subject. I wanted to buy the mod on the two platforms but unfortunately my bank doesn't like these platforms apparently, the purchase is blocked. Do you have any Paypal or bank ID so I can transfer you the money differently? I'll try to pay with a different supplier if it's not ok for you

Anyways, keep up the good work, you are a real inspiration for us, particularly for me who wants to start modding but don't have the courage to do so...

Respects,
    Alex

#808 Captainalpha0, May 3, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. zach444

zach444
    Expand Collapse

Decent, Decent.

10. carsmin

carsmin
    Expand Collapse

This mod is really good. I think its worth 3.8 euros. It's really hard to make a beamng mod. You need to model the 3d model, texture it, j beam it, and more. 3.8 euros! Its not that much. Anyways, I'm really enjoying the mod.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. buddy boyo

buddy boyo
    Expand Collapse

Lucas you could be a BeamNG dev, maybe they hire you for some contract work. the Mod looks very high quality

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

The only problem i see with paid mods for me is if they are low quality, there should be a way to examine it before buying it. hen the forum remaster comes, if there will be a section dedicated to paid mods, a cool thing would be a viewer to view the model and jbeam of the car, without being able to move it.

• Agree Agree x 12
  13. Captainalpha0

Captainalpha0
    Expand Collapse

I completely agree with you, paid mods are not a bad thing. I mean we always pay for someone's work, why wouldn't it be the case for mods?
    A preview feature would actually be really nice, they should totally do that.

I also want to talk about how the community is. I saw people say that they hate the BeamNG community, but I love it. Sure, there are some a**holes who can't respect other's work, but just look at this thread, there are plenty of nice, supportive and respectful people. Please look at the nice side of it instead of being depressed about a minority (I hope).
    Take a look at ETS2 mods at 30 pounds...

Anyways, sorry for the long message and thank you if you've read that far

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Xela

Xela
    Expand Collapse

can i put a temperate and moderate vision of each camp here?

i think what those who doesn't want to pay for mods try to explain (badly in most case(and i only defend those who complain and not the ones that steal work from others)) is that if we are already starting to enter in a dynamic of paid mods like this one or the crash hard's crash test dummies, while the game is in beta and isn't released yet, this gimmick will pop up like mushrooms on this forum and one car at 3.80€ is ok, but 10 cars at 38€ seems like a DLC to me too and i can't afford that much in a game i'm not even sure will be finished at some point. basically those who are afraid are afraid of this method being recurrent in the future

on the other side, the OP doesn't deserve in anyway that much (any, to be honest) hatred, mod makers work hard on their free time and they have the right to dispose of their creations the way they want and the ones that are not happy with the way it's sold are not forced to buy, so be respectful please

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. nawa

nawa
    Expand Collapse

I think that's what the ratings system should be for, adding a viewer or something like that would be way too complex and niche to implement.

Unfortunately, I can see a number of technical issues with supporting the paid mods natively. Third-party hosts can do whatever, because overall, they are based on trust. But the native option needs to have some sort of protection against piracy (encryption?), probably a way to refund if the user doesn't like what they got (and that requires some protection against piracy as well, since the player can just backup the file and then refund), not to mention a lot of legal issues. I don't see a simple way of adding paid mods to the game anytime soon.

Maybe they could make something like a private mod where you need a key to access it (and the key could be sold elsewhere), that way they could at least avoid some legal issues with payment processing.

Well, this ended up longer than I planned. I'll just add that I respect the choice to make the mod paid since I trust the developer and know the quality he's capable of, and I plan to buy it later, but I don't have access to my gaming PC atm so that has to wait.

16. Elaíus

Elaíus
    Expand Collapse

Right! I think it's more better a car than a Battle Pass

• Like Like x 1
  17. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I'm beginning to suspect that there are undercover agents in this forum. The unprecedented hatred towards LucasBE. There are many paid meshslaps on various third-party websites(please don't say Russian websites to avoid hatred, since not all Russians are bad). Those meshslaps costs from a few to $20 dollars or rubles. Some of them requires $20 per month to access their mods, $30+ to get "privileged" latest meshslaps. There are also overpriced mods as shown below
    Keep in mind that ETS2 is NOT a soft-body physics simulation game. Making an ETS2 mod is much, much easier than making a BeamNG mod. 30 pounds ETS2 meshslappers deserved to be leaked, LucasBE deserved to be paid.
    Those low-effort meshslappers are insulted by the very existence of Cherrier Picnic since you can get a dev-quality mod for only 3.80€. Other players will all go and buy the Picnic instead of shitty meshslaps from questionable websites. Thus, some of them participate in this forum and possibly other related forums in various aliases, their objective is to create sufficient drama to make the thread deleted, or discourage high-quality modder, so players will be forced to "enjoy" only meshslaps.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. haha yes

haha yes
    Expand Collapse

For everything! <3

• Like Like x 9
  19. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

And they also leaked the mod? It kinda makes sense but maybe too far-fetched

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

My guess is that the so-called "undercover agents"(since they originated from questionable third-party websites) are fueling dramas, they may or may not related to Picnic leakers.

There are two known insteances that low-quality meshslapper spread hatred toward BeamNG forum modders.
    They said bad things towards yannis01186, resulted in the RX-7 thread locked, and they spreaded hatred toward LucasBE, resulted Lucas saying NO to BTTF configs.

#820 default0.0player, May 3, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice