Released Cherrier Picnic ('92 - '03) [PAID] 1.4

French hatchback from the 90s.

1. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

I don't really see how "people will pirate it" is an argument against paid mods.

You can find most games for free on the Internet, often hosted on platforms where the devs have little power when it comes to taking things down or even legal action, but games are still paid.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fla07

Fla07
    Expand Collapse

I want to buy this mod, as it's developer-quality and a beautiful, petite car. If a new version gets published, I do have to buy it again or you can download it for free?

*Sorry for asking again if this has been asked before.

3. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

All updates get emailed to you for free

4. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

all updates are free after purchase :)

5. Fla07

Fla07
    Expand Collapse

Ok! Thanks for answering so fast.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

I've just noticed that the mod became paid and I was wondering, what was the point of showcasing it at Discord and here if it was going to be a paid mod from day 1? It's your decision of course and I respect that.

7. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

it wasn't, it was originally going to be free

I decided 2 weeks before release to make it paid and I didn't make that decision public enough (@crashmaster ). I apologized for this multiples times before and here I am doing it again: I'm sorry.

Yes this is somewhat an alternative covet, yes you don't need it, and yes you have the right to call me scum for selling my work. I know people are deceived and I know some people will only see me as some greedy idiot that should be giving away months of work for free.
    I took the decision to be one of the only modders to sell their work, and I feel like I have made the wrong decision, but at this point there's no turning back. As much as I enjoy having some more € in my pockets I've probably never felt worse than the last few days, having received death threats, insults, heinous dms, seeing my stuff get reuploaded while not being able to do a single thing about it. I've been sacked on so many different social media platforms and it makes me sick.

Feel free to think whatever you think is the right opinion about all of this.

• Like Like x 46
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

I really hope things will get better for you soon, you really don’t deserve for all this to happen to you

• Agree Agree x 10
  9. Sp0rkly

Sp0rkly
    Expand Collapse

Yes, literally. People's time HAS to be charged.
    See it more as a matter of "paying for someone's time" than for a service, and you'll get to the point that everyone's time is worth X money. What defines the price is how easy is to replace your work, and quality as LucasBE is not common, which makes it pricy (which at least for me isn't, it's $5 but I get everyone's has different budgets).

10. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

Hey don't get yourself worked up about some Ls, they are not worth the effort. We all love you and your mods, if i were you I'd take a break from this thread, or even have it locked by the devs. Don't sacrifice your mental health arguing with these people it just feeds their sad hate.

11. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, hearing that Lucas, one of the most talented mod devs currently, is getting death threats over this is the stupidest thing I heard in a while.

There are countless mods for lore-friendly FWD hatchbacks on this site, some are also great quality mods, and are free. You don't have to buy this if you don't want to, you buy this if you want to give Lucas a compensation for the time and effort he gives just so people can have another car to crash. I'm just glad this didn't happen over BeamNG's first lore-friendly Hypercar or something unique like that.

Keep up the good work, Lucas! And please ignore those barely functioning members of society.

• Agree Agree x 9
  12. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

I am so so so sorry for this to happen to you. Legit. AM more then happy to send some dollars for this awesome mod :)

You worked you're ass off. And it more then fair for a few dollars for this hard work.

Again i hope you are OK and If it matters i love the mod and am glad paid for it :)

13. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

All I can say is yikes. Paying someone for creating a quality product shouldn't be controversial.

I lied, what I can also say is

#893 Dummiesman, May 5, 2022
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Camera2004

Camera2004
    Expand Collapse

I decided to buy the mod legitimately a few days ago, because I felt Lucas deserved it for making high quality mods. 4 Euros would go a long way to fund him.

15. sashbysh

sashbysh
    Expand Collapse

Russians can't even purchase it because neither Gumroad nor Ko-fi are working in our country.
    upload_2022-5-5_2-54-23.png
    How could we possibly leak it

And I'm not defending them - just stating a fact - but if people can't get product legally, they would have no choice.

• Like Like x 7
  16. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

I don't like the idea of paid mods for beam, maybe you deceived people a bit about how the release was gonna go. But the harassment and death threats are absolutely uncalled for. The BeamNG community is completely ruthless for whatever reason... BeamNG forums seem to be made up of a special type of idiots. Just know their opinion's totally invalidated if they're sending death threats/harrassing someone over $4.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

paying almost ten time for an ETS2 mod more than this mod costs is not justified.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ghs129

ghs129
    Expand Collapse

Question: Are Ko-Fi / Gumroad safe?

• Like Like x 1
  19. rumpled_fatty

rumpled_fatty
    Expand Collapse

i hate to clog threads up but google sounds like a good place to ask (also yeah they are)

20. fasharhamadhani123

fasharhamadhani123
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    OMG such fantastic Mod!!, I want to bought this mod but sadly there's no "Dana" option for Indonesians to purchase this unlike steam :'(. Either way impressive mod @LucasBE

Edit: and also please ignore those RATS who complaining a mod that needs to pay 4 dollar to download it even though it much more than what it is (and Also I'm sorry if my grammar is bad af, I'm not a english native

#900 fasharhamadhani123, May 5, 2022
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice