Released Cherrier Picnic ('92 - '03) [PAID] 1.4

French hatchback from the 90s.

1. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, sadly this sort of stuff was bound to happen. I'm working with the moderation team to get this harassment removed.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

That really sucks but to be honest who did not see it coming...
    If I was LBE I wouldn't even release a repo demo at this point, its just a magnet for hate and this far along not too many people would still be on the fence enough to be swayed by a repo demo version, just not worth the hassle in my opinion

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I don't get how a demo version is an "advertisement", I mean nobody is forcing anyone to download the demo, the only advertisement mod I have seen was that 200BX "facelift" mod which had a giant unremovable windshield banner with the creator's YouTube link that was obstructing the visibility from the inside and broke the immersion on the outside (was on all configs, stock ones too). I think the people who compare the Picnic to that don't deserve to be on the forums.

• Agree Agree x 9
  4. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

It is definitely advertisement, but not in the form of an annoying unremovable ad on the side of the website. I like how he did it, giving people the option to try out a product before buying it, but of course all of the people who think all mods have to be free had to flood it with one-star reviews. I don't get why people think they are entitled to it. Nobody goes to McDonald's and throws a tantrum over a $3 burger costing too much, so why do it over something like this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Are demo variants of games considered advertisments ? I don't think so, so why should it be ?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

Capture.png
    i have no problem at all with releasing a demo version of a paid mod for people to try out. not trying to be rude, but it doesn't change the fact that it is advertising a paid product.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

I guess ? In that case the forums are advertising the game though
    It might be advertising the mod but it also might not be an ad because it's not it's target.

8. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Since it leads into encouraging anyone who downloads the demo version to try out the proper paid version, it is considered advertisements, just like how the Transformers and other 80s era animated shows where designed as large toy selling advertisements, but in a subtle manner as to not reveal it being an advertisement. The thing about affective advertising is that it is designed to not seem like an advertisement, that's why so many youtubers will do a gentle transition into their paid sponsor midway through, so that by the time you realize it is an ad, its too late and the advertisement has already begun. At the end of the day, anything that helps promote a product is advertising, intentional or not.
    --- Post updated ---
    Now that that is out of the way, we can return to discussing the mod itself

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

I always smell them from a mile away for those that i look at lol
    Anyways i guess it's advertisement but it also permits to test out the mod and that's the important part to me.

10. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

20 - 30% is a bit steep. Patreon takes 11% in our case. The rest are payout fees that are part of Paypal which is quite common. They range from 5 to 12% for the plans upload_2022-6-29_0-16-8.png and these are for payment processing. upload_2022-6-29_0-16-48.png
    Just posting this as an FYI. :) Also, Lucas keep up the good work. Looks great!

• Like Like x 1
  11. jronny2

jronny2
    Expand Collapse

i love the cars that driv3r had, probably my favourite one along with driver parallel lines
    also then its part mazda 323 the pìcnic?

12. szaqunx

szaqunx
    Expand Collapse

What harassment?

Also honestly i think that demo is and of course the paid one is really good quality but really really good quality.
    And i don't know why people hate demo so much like you get your paid mod but with less content(like configs,parts,skins etc..)also when i first saw it was dev quality i was pretty hyped and when i downloaded demo and just confirmed that is dev quality

(sorry for long post)

#1272 szaqunx, Jun 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dexl

Dexl
    Expand Collapse

you basically said you pirated a mod :skull:

14. NVMND

NVMND
    Expand Collapse

Is it allowed to do custom configs/mods for demo version?

15. 16PiXel-Dude

16PiXel-Dude
    Expand Collapse

bozo

• Like Like x 1
  16. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ghs129

ghs129
    Expand Collapse

18. firstclassmemes

firstclassmemes
    Expand Collapse

i think i want to buy it, but how does the update system work? every update do you need to re download it? or does it do it by itsself

19. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

You need to redownload it when theres an update

20. l0l555

l0l555
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if this is just me, however I just downloaded the demo and in the interior camera, the camera seems to shake heavily. Does the full version have this fixed or is it just a problem on my end?:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice