1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Cherrier Vivace & Tograc

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by Falkrum, Feb 12, 2020.

1. carcrazyalex

carcrazyalex
    Expand Collapse

The Vivace also has high tech driver and stability aids to prevent a crash in the first place, however the 800 just has simple esc and abs. In my opinion there probably just as safe as each other

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. AIex

AIex
    Expand Collapse

Any Release Date known yet?

3. anselme

anselme
    Expand Collapse

nope

4. aeoe

aeoe
    Expand Collapse

Nope, but im sure it will come out this/next week

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mamatari

mamatari
    Expand Collapse

yes, at 64km / h (crash test speed) safety is ensured by most cars (many have 5 stars) but at higher speeds, German cars like the ETK 800 are safer I think

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

So we now have confirmation of a high-end, non-sporting version (see the wallpaper pack) complete with a unique, expensive looking front bumper!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. JJscoobs

JJscoobs
    Expand Collapse

Maybe electric luxury car?

8. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

The grille seems to indicate otherwise. My guess is it's the 2.0.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ClassicMike

ClassicMike
    Expand Collapse

It's probably the top trim for the non-S Vivace ¿Arsenic?.

We still haven't seen the electric Vivace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. J3TTF

J3TTF
    Expand Collapse

I'd love to see the cheapest Vivace

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

My guess is it's this one:

We know it will have torsion-beam rear suspension and the 1.0 I3. It probably won't be very fun to drive, like a jail cell on four wheels.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maxeee99

Maxeee99
    Expand Collapse

I dunno with those wheels and chrome it looks more like a mid to high trim car but in todayˋs car market you can combine every trim with every engine so

13. Nascal

Nascal
    Expand Collapse

Cherrier Vivace made of paper in-game confirmed.
    0-100 as fast as the wind blows...it away.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Deleted member 197136

Deleted member 197136
    Expand Collapse

Considering that we’ve only seen the Vivace with EU plates, I’m thinking we might not get a USDM version.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mrsmash

mrsmash
    Expand Collapse

true; peugeot however had plans to come back into the US domestic market by 2023, and the cherrier is 2020, so the devs MIGHT make a USDM version

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. J3TTF

J3TTF
    Expand Collapse

17. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

I disagree. 7 years are a long time in car development. The Vivace is also a brand new design which means it can be built form the ground up to today high standards. You can only improve an old vehicle so much and you have to consider that a 2013 car probably is based on 2010-2011 principal concepts.

A lot has changed since then.... especially in the car world..... back in 2010 it was a vastly different market with a vastly different outlook.

The ETK may be a larger car and a premium one at that.... but this means merely that it would have above average safety ratings... for its time.

Size and weight do not necessarly increase protection above a certain minimum. The passenger compartment is the survival room that counts and the difference in length outside this area isnt large enough to compensate the advantages in material and crash sciences made in the meantime.

Mass alone does at best only help in a crash with a smaller less heavy vehicle driving at similar speed.

Since the kinetic energy quadruples with every doubling of speed, a much lighter vehicle going just a bit faster has more impact force than a heavier slower one.

When hitting a solid object like a concrete wall, a heavier vehicle has to dissipate more kinetic energy with comparable little more crumple zone available. The required materials and materials strengths further increase mass. Being a heavier vehicle mandates larger wheels and brakes.... even more weight.

Few manufacturers in real life tolerate less than class adequate crash safety ratings..... the impact on sales tends to be to significant. So when you are comparing manufacturers... you have to compare the same overall vehicle class.

Finally... all crash tests are done at comparable modest speeds.... simple because at higher speeds no amount of safety equipment will save you.... the forces are just to high.

An impact at 100 km/h equals the fall from a 45 m high bridge..... few people would expect to survive such a fall, yet drive faster than that every day.

You can survive an impact at 100 km/h.... but you need a very very very very very very soft "landing/a lot of soft braking objects.". As a tragic bus accident in a tunnel a few years ago was a brutal reminder that even a mere 50 km/h can be fatal if the object in question is a solid concrete wall that doesnt give in an inch.

Speed is the single most important factor in accident severity.... no amount of luxury vehicle can protect you from the simple physical truth of kinetic energy increase with speed.....

Electric vehicles, especially purpose battery only build EVs can offer superior accident protection due to needing less space for the motor and drivetrain. While they need more space for the battery, this battery is in general mounted at the bottom of the car between the axles which is very good for weight distribution and a low center of mass. This allows the building of a superior frontal crumple zone that is far less compromised by the space requirements of an ICE. An electric motor can also sit lower in the chassis, further increasing the lower center of mass advantage and making it easier to keep away from the passengers in the case of a crash.

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Maxeee99

Maxeee99
    Expand Collapse

Well it will be interesting how the etk and vivace compare in the game. And i did not meant to go that deep but its a fact that occupants of smaller cars die of internal injuries in accidents against bigger cars its physics because the heavier car just keeps on going and not only brings the other car to a dead stop but pushes it backwards. And shorter crumple zones induce even more stress at the people in the car even if the passenger compartment holds up reasonably well. Only two words smart cars and those cars have high strength steel compartments in comparison to normal small cars and people still die in them without getting crushed. Look at the iihs comparison and adac compability videos and many real life accident reports.

Furthermore especially for french car manufacturer which are known for only building their cars to meet safety requirements and get 5 stars above 64kmh most of them start to crumple like tin cans because the safety cage is only build to withstand a certain amount of force for cost cutting reasons high strength steel is expensive after all. You can see that not only in real life but even in most euroncap tests where at 64 kmh all crumple zone is gone which can be good but german manufacturer and for example Volvo have quite a bit left for higher speed collisons and the a pillar in most french cars is already disstressed or even starts to bend which is not the case in most other cars indicating the passenger compartment already starting to cave in.

And yes electric cars have a weight advantage against the same category of ice cars and can use their crumple zones more efficently and are most of the times stiffer because of the battery pack i did not say anything against them even though in real life they are not my cup of tea sorry if anything is written a little awkward its late and i'm not a native english speaker.

#738 Maxeee99, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  19. akeem127

akeem127
    Expand Collapse

Lol honestly I stopped reading this after the 4th paragraph . You got it fam.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I think the base model should have hubcaps

• Agree Agree x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice