Fixed in 0.19.4.2
    More information available here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Intel iGPU (6xx series) crashes
    Fixed drivers available!
    Instructions here

Dismiss Notice

WIP Chevy Lumina (Mid 90's NASCAR)

Discussion in 'Land' started by powiephenom, Mar 23, 2019.

1. STICH666

STICH666
    Expand Collapse

It's not like you're asking money for it. That would be the only reason I would ever have an issue with someone incorporating something I've made in a mod. As long as you give credit I doubt you'd ever receive any blowback. Especially with big game studios it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. The worst they would do is send you a cease and desist but that would undoubtedly snowball into a "Streisand effect" just like the OuiOui and Prostock Drag Mod for NR2003 back in the day.

#241 STICH666, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. powiephenom

powiephenom
    Expand Collapse

I stated above. I'm still waiting for a response from the company. But since they probably get email left and right they never bothered reading it. I'd assume they made the model basically public since it in several other big games as well and that they're fine with anyone using it as long as money isn't being made off their model. (example selling a nascar game that uses their model)

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. STICH666

STICH666
    Expand Collapse

I've never once heard of a modder getting into legal trouble for using another game's assets for a free to download mod. You'd more likely to get sued for singing a cover of a song than using a model from an 10 year old game. You asked for permission. You did your due diligence and they don't care enough to respond.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. //Parallel Music//

//Parallel Music//
    Expand Collapse

Man this looks great! You're doing God's work! Can't wait!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice