WIP Beta released Civetta Bolide 'Corse' 1.01

The twin-turbocharged legend has arrived

1. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

This bolide is actually slower than a sport version of a GM up the dirt hill climb course in utah :D

So why would anyone buy a supercar if an old fullsize sedan is faster than it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. JayBlazin454

JayBlazin454
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for advice!
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah I took the photo from my iPhone, and I didn't think of that at the time. :(

3. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

Why would anyone buy a supercar to go up dirt tracks?

• Agree Agree x 9
  4. Gettrolled128

Gettrolled128
    Expand Collapse

Anyone know of a quick ratio drift steering mod that will work with this? Im able to drift it fairly well after alot of messing around with the tuning, but its not easy to kick it out as is, i have to be REALLY delicate.

5. Car_Genius

Car_Genius
    Expand Collapse

Awesome! I love driving it! My first reaction to the turbo lag was that I was confused
    "Alright! F40!"
    "Sounds great!"
    Launch:
    This is so sl-
    "OHMYGODSOMUCHBOOSTSUDDENLY"

Just like the real 80's supercar!

6. Alaskan_With_Salmon

Alaskan_With_Salmon
    Expand Collapse

I love this mod. It's very rewarding to drive fast, and slower. None of this is complaining, but just suggestions, that I would fix myself if I knew how to do it, like you do.

Firstly, it would be nice to make a 7 spd tranny, that is only acessable through the parts menu (not in a config) that has stock gearing except for a granny gear as first. The benefit to this is people with a button clutch, can drive it with clutch without having to rev to 5k rpm to not stall when starting from a stop.

One final fix, that I don't know if it is on purpose or not, is that the front blinkers don't work for me. There's my 5 cents for tonight.

Please consider, and ask if you have Questions. Thanks.

7. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Rev matching on this car is a pain in the ass.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

This does an excellent job of capturing the look of the F40 and similar wedge shaped supercars, and I like the general handling. Feels mostly what I'd expect an F40 Bolide hybrid to handle like, and it's fun to race or try and drift without spinning.

I would say it seems to have power delivery issues if it's going for F40 handling though, especially with the Competizione/LM. The turbo spools up so fast in the middle RPMs and lags so excessively before that point that accelerating lightly through corners is obnoxiously touchy and feels like an on-off switch through only a 5%-10% range of the gas pedal, which makes the good handling and slip angles moot since you can't ease into even light throttle with much confidence. It also bogs down so much in lower RPMs. You'd expect some bogging down before the boost kicks in, but the power curve before boost is more of a flatline at 60 hp and stays there even going past 40 mph in 2nd gear, bad enough to make it matched with the Covet Beater in acceleration before boost. It just feels kind of exaggerated.
    Gfycat Video - Click to Play - Direct Link

The standard Corse has a nicer general feel though since the power surge is more manageable, and the handling of the Competizione besides that is also really good. I did five laps around Hirochi with the Competizione and a bit of drifting with the standard model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

This car snap over steers HARD!

10. Neidjel

Neidjel
    Expand Collapse

Keep in mind this is based somewhat on an 80s supercar/race car. In the 80s turbos were laggy like this, especially high boost ones. Nowadays we have turbos spooling at 1000rpm and redlines around 6k, but that's simply not how it was in the past. I don't think it's that unrealistic, although my only comparison is the f40 competizione (or whatever it's called) in Forza.
    Another more recent example is the Evo 8 or 9 with 400ish hp they tested on Top Gear against a Fiat Stilo or something. Low rpm with big turbo car with a high(-ish) redline simply doesn't work well. The only thing that might be a bit "unrealistic" is how fast it goes from no boost to full boost, but I'm not sure how this was on the real car.

11. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

@Neidjel Yeah, I'd call it more an exaggerated characteristic than completely unrealistic. The F40 was generally described as feeling like a fairly normal car in power at low RPMs before boost, even specified as the range below 3000 RPM specifically in one review. That would be closer to 85+ hp at least with a slower but steadily climbing power curve before the turbos kick in, which would definitely out-accelerate a beater Covet (a below average car) and still be enough to get through moderate hairpins in second gear. It's hard to find comprehensive dyno charts for such a rare car, and especially an LM version, but this chart of a standard F40 with an estimated dotted line to 3k RPM about matches that expectation.
    F40DynoLowRPMGuess.jpg

There's also a fair amount of F40 LM onboard footage on YouTube, and this one is probably the best in that you can actually see how a skilled driver is applying the throttle and actively hear the steady progression of the turbos spooling.

I don't think the Corse needs to try and match the F40's power curves 1:1 or have the exact same characteristics, I just think its turbo and engine traits could be fine-tuned to handle track driving with more confidence.

#51 Spec Racer Z, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. NewoFox

NewoFox
    Expand Collapse

13. Thordenthor

Thordenthor
    Expand Collapse

Can you make the steering faster

14. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

15. Rolph

Rolph
    Expand Collapse

I doubt anyone has ever bought a Ferrari F40 with a thought:" Man, I wish I could tow something with this" :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

I’m weird. I’d put an f40 on swamp tires if I was given the chance

17. HerbieVW953

HerbieVW953
    Expand Collapse

is there a way I can have pop up headlights on this?

18. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

If you make them by yourself :p

19. CarAddict

CarAddict
    Expand Collapse

this is an amazing mod probably one of the best looking cars thing the game!

20. sultes

sultes
    Expand Collapse

CJD Special Tunes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice