1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Civetta Scintilla

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by ferrettank, Jun 14, 2022.

1. JordanW1128

JordanW1128
    Expand Collapse

Oh, yeah, like the H-series was added in 2013 and didn't get a remaster until 2021, I know now.

2. chiefsoho

chiefsoho
    Expand Collapse

Look I gotta be honest the cornering speed for this "supercar" is rather questionable and it makes me hope it can be corrected with some tire thermals. Other than that I could see how the design period was wrather intesive and I think y'all did phenomenal job making her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Most people have found that this is typically more of an effect of BeamNG lack of sense of speed, you likely feel as if you’re going slower than you actually are. I think it handles quite well, you just really have to understand how fast you’re going, which Beam is not good at doing.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Yep the G-forces are okay according to how the vehicle should perform, the numbers don't lie. It's mostly perception/expectations. For example people will often expect F1 levels of aerodynamic grip which is unrealistic for this type of vehicle.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Official F1 car when? (Joke obviously but still it would be cool)

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

I mean even just F1 tires to toss on every car would be pretty cool
    Just imagine rocketing around corners in the Piccolina at full speed like a big go-kart

7. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

That's not how it works. F1 wheels are codeveloped with the car itself so they require tons of downforce to be functional at all

• Like Like x 3
  8. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

Oh dang, didn't know that.
    I just assumed that was how it worked because it worked when I put the FR-17 wheels onto the Caterham mod

9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

FR-17 is a not very realistic mod, it used to even be extremely unrealistic before the many updates it got that improved realism, but it's still far from how an F1 car should work. The FR2X would be much better, but nobody knows if that will ever get released.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Now how’s the cornering speed w/ motion blur? (No PC til November :cool: )

11. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

Everything feels faster now, cornering is scarier, and the mid engine covet is a deathtrap, more so than the bolide. Also, all of the maps look almost real. That pretty much sums up the update.

• Like Like x 2
  12. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I played it when it first came out for like 3 days, but I didn’t use the scintilla, and I was wondering if the cornering speed was better, or seemed better, because of the motion blur

13. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

Oh, yeah, it feels much better after you get used to it. Scintilla feels much more deadly now.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Exchy

Exchy
    Expand Collapse

A silly question, but where is it defined in material's code that civetta's rims are colored by third palette, not second (for example). Or third palette is hardcoded for miscelanneous parts

15. ghost_cauli

ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

In the color texture red (FF0000) stands for the first color, green (00FF00) for the second color, and blue (0000FF) for the third color. It's universal for any material (AFAIK).

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GBorge98

GBorge98
    Expand Collapse

I think what he's asking is where is the code that controls rim colour on the colourable rims, though I could be wrong. for example the if I want the 2nd colour palette to control the rim colour instead of the 3rd palette.

17. ghost_cauli

ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

Yes, you're right, and there's no code. All you need is a separate *.color.png texture (which you likely have) and a line in materials.json (which you likely have) pointing to that texture, i.e.:

scintilla_main_skin_drippybrushcolor.png

Code:
    "colorPaletteMap": "/vehicles/scintilla/scintilla_main_skin_drippybrush.color.png"
    Note that each color/channel can blend, allowing you to make smooth gradients.

18. Exchy

Exchy
    Expand Collapse

So having completely blue mask, the model will inherit third color, right?
    What about metalness and roughness?

19. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

they're determined by the paint colours you have selected in-game.

20. ghost_cauli

ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

Well, they are a bit funky. But as a rule of thumb, whatever works on the car you borrowed stuff from will work on yours. But

AFAIK (again), for paint colors it's a mix between your metallic and roughness textures AND the paint colors. I'd love to see some actual reference on that though, because I spent way too much time on that rim pack, and I'm still trying to figure out my skin pack.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice