WIP Beta released CJD Special Tunes 3.8

high performance parts for all vehicles

1. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

Interesting, when you say custom pickups do you mean configs that you've made or my ones? If its yours its possible that you have the wrong fuel tank (i.e. gasoline tank with a diesel engine or vice versa), or just no fuel (which you can check in the tuning menu), If not then I don't know I stopped having to make fuel tanks because the dev's added their own diesel tank to the pickup.

2. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

I've isolated the issue a little more. I just loaded the CJD Offroad Special, which spawned with no fuel. Checked the parts: It had a diesel tank. I swithched it to gas, and it worked. Then I loaded up a few more of your mods, which spawned fine.

Then I loaded one of my configs, which is a diesel version of a pickup that was originally gas. Then I switched back to your offroad special, which loaded with a diesel tank.

It looks like, for some reason, your V8 configs aren't automatiucally populating the correct tank. You might have to specify the tank in your config file.

I haven't made anything shareable yet, but I've found that, while switching the engine automatically poplates the Engine subtree with appropriate parts, it doesn't always affect the tank, which is under the Frame tree. It might also make a difference that I switched to a pickup that uses a fuel cell instead of a tank (although you'd think those components would be equivalent).

It made me think of an interesting performance addition to the game though: Realistic behavior from using the wrong fuel.

3. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

Ah, I see the problem, the 'CJD Special' configs are old configs I created new ones under the name 'CJD Spec' (you may have to look in the save/load menu to find them) its not that the fuel tank is wrong its that I changed what the engine was called so the game cant find it and uses the default 4.5L V8 not my 6.0L diesel V8 like it used too. My bad I thought I removed all the broken configs. This shouldn't be a problem in the future. Thanks.

4. SupremeDalek73

SupremeDalek73
    Expand Collapse

Are there any plans for the off-road transfer cases/differentials on the 1st Gen Pessima?

• Like Like x 1
  5. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, I hadn't planned on it, I could add locking differentials, just don't expect it to happen soon, I would like to get all the cars updated with what I have first before adding more stuff or I may never get an update out.

6. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

thatguy47 updated CJD Special Tunes with a new update entry:

All official like

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. makkepuu

makkepuu
    Expand Collapse

hi!
    so ETKC and ETK800 are missing the center diff settings while using cjd's race awd.
    it wouldn't be a problem but I have a pikes peak monster ETKC that pushes ~3000hp and if I can't set the front/rear ratio to ~80% rear the torque will twist the front differential and the whole subframe will come of the car :D

8. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

Ah, I remember now, I didn't make the race AWD transfer case because there is a bug with the ETK 800's race front differential, it has a variable for the drive ratio that breaks the tuning menu if you use the race adjustable final drive, I meant to make my own front differential as a work around until it was fixed, guess I forgot, I'll make sure to fix that in the next update, thanks for reminding me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

PLEASE make your own final drive that fixes the bug, I hate when I make a ridiculously powerful car but it can't reach its full potential due to the ratios not being adjustable

10. makkepuu

makkepuu
    Expand Collapse

so that's why ETK's front subframe twist out of the car when you drop the clutch on a 3000hp engine... It worked when you could set the front/rear ratio to something like 30/70 or 20/80 and with very little load%. so little power got to the front diff so it would not twist the car

11. LMP032 Racing

LMP032 Racing
    Expand Collapse

The 6.0L Diesel Engine don't work.

12. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

In which car?

13. LMP032 Racing

LMP032 Racing
    Expand Collapse

Grand Marshal

14. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

Again? really? I'm starting to regret this engine every time I think it works it breaks again. Time to re-make it from scratch, again.

15. Bad Driver771

Bad Driver771
    Expand Collapse

Awesome mod - the 7 speed manual is perfect for crazy powerful builds like the one in the image. I've been wondering about something - I have a part called OP brake pads. Are they from this mod?

Attached Files:

• BeamNGdriveScreenshot20210302-15292715.png
  16. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

Nope, although I would like to make some.

17. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

They are from my mod... kinda. They are in the base game but not selectable. I made them selectable and haven't changed anything. They are buggy and make wheels explode so they aren't very useful, it's not my fault though as the LUA for them is inside the game.

18. Bad Driver771

Bad Driver771
    Expand Collapse

I think that the buggyness is just on your userfolder - they are perfectly fine for me.

19. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

That's likely, I might have accidentally changed something in that LUA file in my game. Glad to know they work for you, and that I need to verify integrity now lol

20. Bad Driver771

Bad Driver771
    Expand Collapse

Glad I could help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice