Classic West Coast USA and Jungle Rock Island Maps

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Dusty2545, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Dusty2545

Dusty2545
    Expand Collapse

Can someone please upload a "classic" version of the West Coast USA and Jungle Rock Island maps (pre v0.21) on the repository? I really enjoy the West Coast USA map and would like to compare the new and old versions and see what's changed, and the same goes for Jungle Rock Island. If someone could do this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. cheems_samurai

cheems_samurai
    Expand Collapse

I would like this too. I have backups of 0.20 but I'm not sure how to get the map files from them!

3. Ethan3353

Ethan3353
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

to port over a level you go to where the game is installed. Content and tan levels. In levels select the map you want to port and put it on desktop. You can a) choose to replace new version by same means or b) make a mod by putting it in mods folder.

Hope this helps. If my information is wrong please let me know so I can fix it. Thanks

4. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

But if you're doing this with the current install of the game, wouldn't you just get the current version of JRI? I have a cache of 0.20.2.0 but I don't think it contains the complete level in a readily-usable form.

5. Dusty2545

Dusty2545
    Expand Collapse

I personally don't know how to do it, but it's been done before on the forums. We'd have to ask NoahMarcelh who made https://www.beamng.com/resources/revisited-2013-maps.554 or SuperAusten64 who made https://www.beamng.com/resources/utah-classic.11431/ or DaddelZeit who made https://www.beamng.com/resources/car-dealership-showroom.15292/

6. Roman Garms

Roman Garms
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I was the one who found the resources for the car dealership showroom. I downloaded the two old betas of BeamNG via steam. It's a bit of a mess to set up though (installing the betas can cause issues with current version if you have both installed at the same time, or at least I had some trouble), so I'm uploading the old maps now, and they should show up in this message eventually.

--- Post updated ---
    There we go, finally uploaded.

Lemme know if you need any other files from old versions of the game.

Attached Files:

#6 Roman Garms, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Niiiice, wish we had a Thanks rating on this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

Where do i drop it? mods folder or levels folder?

9. Roman Garms

Roman Garms
    Expand Collapse

Put it in the mods folder. Note that the files I uploaded will overwrite the current maps, so you can't use both the old versions and new versions at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

my game crashed when map loaded.

11. Roman Garms

Roman Garms
    Expand Collapse

Okay, I see what you mean. So this is (if I understand correctly) caused by having both the old version of the map (the one I uploaded) and the new version loaded at once. To fix this, the best idea I can come up with is temporarily moving the WCU map stored in the steam beamng folder to somewhere else, but that's not really a great idea. I can try to modify these 2 maps so that they don't overwrite the existing ones and then upload that as a repo mod, but that could take a while.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

Hope that wont take too long. I really wanna play on old Jungle Rock Island.

13. Roman Garms

Roman Garms
    Expand Collapse

I’ll try to get it done by the end of the day.
    --- Post updated ---
    Alrighty, finished the jungle rock island mod, and as far as I can tell, it works totally fine. There might be like 1 or 2 missing textures but it works. It shows up on the maps page with the older thumbnail, which is how you can tell it apart from the current version.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get WCU working (most of the buildings were invisible for some reason?). I'm not sure what causes this, because normally when I port an old version of the map every texture issue would show up in the log. Nothing was visible in the log with WCU. I tried clearing cache and whatnot. If anyone can figure out what's going on with that, please do try to port it yourself because that would be pretty neat.

Anyway, here's JRI:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! Map works fine.
    20210103235423_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. NicOz

NicOz
    Expand Collapse

Can you upload the old Industrial Site?

16. Roman Garms

Roman Garms
    Expand Collapse

Here you go. Note that you will have to either replace the industrial in the games files currently or mod it slightly to be able to load it in.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. NicOz

NicOz
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  18. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

i gotta ask, would you by any chance happen to have the old ECUSA ?

19. Roman Garms

Roman Garms
    Expand Collapse

20. Dusty2545

Dusty2545
    Expand Collapse

How do you make it so you don't have to replace the in-game files when downloading one of the older versions of the maps?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice