Cliff Mines; Abandoned Island mountain project

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Driv3r1142, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

(NOTE; Its not abandoned in terms of development, its just the title :p)

PLEASE NOTE; I and @Ouerbacker have been working on this map quite a bit. I will be releasing my old version and our team effort version in the end. All the screenshots of this terrain in this thread as of the moment of this update are of my version. I will remove this line soon once I picture the other map.

I decided to make a thread to get feedback. I have already shown @torsion this map in a PM, and despite my fault of not listening to what he had to say the first time, I went back and read some of what he told me and I have a somewhat working map. You may have seen some screenshots in the Dev. Screenshots and Community screenshots showing off my sketchup work, taking place in a map you might've not been familiar with...
    Until now.
    Welcome to the Cliff Mines; Abandoned Island mountain project. The goal I have in mind for this is to provide a large and challenging environment to drive around in, that is diverse road wise, building wise, and scene wise.

A release of this map is probably going to be sometime next year, so dont get too excited for it quite yet.
    Why do I put it so far off?
    I have planned something quite ambitious;
    • Several different "Biomes" (Forest, Desert, Snowy Forest, Ect.)
    • Several different towns with buildings modeled by me in sketchup(A single building can take almost a day or more to model and texture.)
    • Long winding roads that go from the sea level up to the top of the island mountain, fun for cruising, racing, drifting, or anything else stupid and fun to do in a car :p

There will be more added to this list. For now I leave you with some screenshots;(NOTE; Some have already been posted in the Dev. Screenshots and Community screenshots.)

screenshot_00134.png screenshot_00136.png screenshot_00141.png screenshot_00114.png screenshot_00135.png screenshot_00149.png screenshot_00137.png screenshot_00140.png screenshot_00139.png screenshot_00132.png
    screenshot_00133.png
    The pumps and gas station were modeled in Sketchup.
    If you can't tell by the screenshots, I have a vintage theme planned for this map.

I will be uploading a video soon showing the map from the 1st person perspective of the hood of one of the FWD dev. vehicles showing me driving through this map, showing you what I have already, and to get feedback on what I have.

Current Credits;
    @DoullPepper for the use of the old Canyon of Speed textures(Those used on Foothill mines)
    BeamNG.Drive Devs for the use of the default trees, textures, and buildings
    @torsion For assisting me in getting this map started.
    @Ouerbacker For offering to help me with this map, which has resulted in a much more professional looking map that we are working on right now(Pics soon)
    More to be listed as I get further along in this map.

If you are wondering what I did to Foothill Mines, I will upload the final version of that map when I get the chance.

#1 Driv3r1142, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

looks cool :D

3. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Gonna upload a video today. Was trying to film something to get help with DecalRoad flickering in certain parts of a decal road, but I couldn't capture it on video, so I will just be filming a Drivability test today.
    Also, If you want to help out on this map, Feel free to contribute ideas for things like static objects and sections of the map.
    And alongside that, I am looking for ideas for potential road signs I could model in sketchup. Blueprints for dimensions would be nice.

4. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

in the 'snowy' biome you should add Christmas stuff to the houses :D

also you HAVE to include this sign:
    upload_2015-12-5_15-13-54.png

• Like Like x 5
  5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

lol
    Thats something you place in the middle of the desert at a 'T' Intersection XD Very lost leads to a hill that lets you jump off a cliff to your doom, and lost leads to a canyon with either the snowy biome or tropical-like biome on the other side, and to get over there you have to cross a bridge made of 2 tiny Iron beams smaller than your tires.
    THATS what that sign is for XD

• Like Like x 1
  6. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

what you've joust described needs to be in the map XD

7. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I will be looking up dimensions for the sign soon. At the moment I am smoothing roads so my Drivability test looks and feels better.

8. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

Looks like good stuff. I am going to work on getting your truck into Blender.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Great :)
    To all who do not know, I am asking my friend here to export one of my old ROBLOX trucks so I can try to turn it into a static object or a drivable vehicle.(Drivable if I can get someone to show me how to get the model in game. I dont care about collision just that I can drive it :p)

10. airman426

airman426
    Expand Collapse

Cool, I'm looking forward to it.

11. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I will need to rip a few textures for the snow from existing maps on the forums. If anyone would like to get the textures for me or would link me a good map to take snow and ice textures from, I would appreciate it.
    Right now I am working on roads :) Because roads and high cliffs are what BeamNG is meant for!

12. airman426

airman426
    Expand Collapse

You might want to ask Ouerbacker for his textures of Snowy Trynelgren.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Can do.

14. airman426

airman426
    Expand Collapse

Or maybe Nadeox1's Mt. Shell Map.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I will check that if I cant get the Snowy Trynelgren textures.

16. airman426

airman426
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I believe I like those ones just a bit better.

17. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Mapping out roads is a pain since I am trying to do them as realistically as possible to how they would've been done back in the day before it was really that easy to do a road cut through a mountain :p
    More fun to drive and is more of a scenic route through a map which will have 3 different sections.

18. airman426

airman426
    Expand Collapse

Keep at it. Lord knows I can't do anything with creation. The more realistic the better. I wait with anticipation.

19. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Sure you can create things. Everyone can be an artist, Just every artist is different :)

On another note;

I decided to film tomorrow since I had some issues with the roads today, and I added some roads aswell.
    I will only post screenshots of the areas that are complete, but the video will show you whats between the complete areas so I can get feedback on what to add where.

20. airman426

airman426
    Expand Collapse

How do you get the BeamNG.drive Tester badge? Just wondering.

#20 airman426, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice