1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Clipping @ NoClipping Issues....

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Thatguy5480, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Thatguy5480

Thatguy5480
    Expand Collapse

:confused:I wonder, if its possible for you guys to make BeamNg impossible to no-clip through something, I have been reviewing the older videos showcasing crashing and there are lots of instants that parts are no clipping through each other......

This takes a lot away from the game and was wondering if it is even possible to make a game like this never no-clip.....

Thnxs, i feel this is something that needs addressing..

2. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

That's asking for a lot don't you think?
    Self-collision is pretty compute-intensive, I mean some vehicles in ROR had it but even they still clipped through parts of each other in fast crashes.

3. Thatguy5480

Thatguy5480
    Expand Collapse

Yes, i know it is asking for alot, in a fast crash the textures just cant handle the stress, But what i want to know is if it is even possible or even in the near future for games like these to prevent no-clipping....

4. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

clipping issues will always be present. The physics model for all vehicles is only an approximation, while the visual mesh has more details the physics structure doesn't, that generally means that meshes are going to clip. Especially considering things can be done to these cars that cannot possibly be planned for. Its not too bad, Gabester has gotten very good at making these vehicles so he does what he can. There are things that can be done, but they aren't always perfect solutions.

5. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I hope cars don't get stuck together. That was my worst enemy

6. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Suppose there's no harm in letting you know, I've asked Gabester about this many times and it appears that collision handling has been massively improved. no, we shouldn't see many instances of vehicles merging anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice