Collision meshes, sketch-up and blender

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by jackeo21, Nov 4, 2013.

1. jackeo21

jackeo21
    Expand Collapse

Before you get bothered that I'm using sketch-up for modelling, I plan to use blender later. TO THE POINT - After watching Nadeox1's video on exporting COLLISION MESHES I imported a house from sketch-up into blender and It came up with all these, This_Was_Created files, blocking me from making a collision out of my house, hope this makes sense?

Thanks!
    -jackeo21

Screenshot_3.png

2. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

So your question would be how to fix that and get a working collision mesh of that mess caused by sketchup export plugin i guess?

I have no clue about sketchup, but i know you have to get all those meshes called "this was createdXY" merged together to one single mesh and optimized (no useless faces inside other bodies to save on performance needed). That would give you the full freedom torque3d offers in further editing like inserting animations or using LOD Meshes correctly. No idea which way of merging the meshes would work best for you but take a look at the boolean modifier within blender.

You probably could get it to work by grouping all of them in an additional NUll/Empty object too, but that might cause bugs, unhandled exceptions and so on, better dont even try that way to save on nerves and time. ^^ Also you would have even more struggle then with everything you want/have to do on the model in the future.

#2 NkosiKarbul, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  3. jackeo21

jackeo21
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I guess...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice