Compensating for engine friction?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by aaa_, Dec 4, 2019.

1. aaa_

aaa_
    Expand Collapse

Reposting this here because I noticed that I posted it in the wrong subforum before.

I'm making an engine for a car based using real torque curve values, but the torque produced when in game is not the same as what I set. I seem to remember somewhere that you had to set torque slightly higher in the jbeam to compensate for the internal friction of the engine or something, but I can't seem to find the formula for calculating it.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

lol
    im dealing with the same issue
    im trying to get an engine to make 720 HP and 720 TQ, but the closest i am getting is 720 HP and like 612 TQ
    and every time i pump up torque the HP shoots up way higher.

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I just have not managed to get Turbo calculation to work way I want, but NA torque curve with the tool has been working right at least previously:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/torque-curve-spreadsheet-update-5-2019-v5-experimental.52512/

Also I use this which makes it easier to get accurate readings from torque curve images:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/torque-curve-to-table-helper-tool.52528/

There is torque curve app and there is dynamometer app, previously those were not in agreement especially with turbo engines, but it was improved recently and I have not played with the stuff lately enough to know where things lie today.

One thing is that don't put real world data to jbeam, you need to calculate losses and have exhaust torque curve right too, then intake, block etc. can have modifier numbers in current version of the game that then can cause differences.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. aaa_

aaa_
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I'll take a look at that!

I remember there used to be a number you could just multiply it by I think, but that was over a year ago so maybe its changed now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice