Completly lost with pressureWheels !

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Bouquaquay, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Bouquaquay

Bouquaquay
    Expand Collapse

Hey,

I recently posted on this forum because I couldn't load a cube in the game !

Guess who's back with more questions ! ^^

So, I tried to follow the tutorial : Introduction to vehicule creation, and I wanted to know more about HubWheels so I went to the wiki and learnt that is was deprecated.

I looked at the pressureWheel wiki but for an unexperienced modder, it's not that self-explanatory!
    (https://wiki.beamng.com/PressureWheels)

So I have a few questions if you are willing to anwer me :)

"group" is the name of the wheel node group what the tire flexbody will assign to. The wheel generation code automatically places the inner and outer node "rings" in this group.
    How many nodes are supposed to be in this group ? And what is this wheel generation code ( like we give it two nodes and it generates the rest of the wheel ? Or we need to create all the nodes by hand ? )

"hubGroup" is the name of the wheel node group what the wheel rim flexbody will assign to. The wheel generation code automatically places the axle and inner node "rings" in this group.
    Well same question here, what nodes need to be in this group

For nodeCoupling/nodeArm and torqueCoupling/torqueArm can we use the same pair of nodes for both ?

Well for now, I'm just trying to put some wheels on my ugly first mod, and also trying to understand how this works.

I saw that there is a shitload of optional parameters, is there some must-have parameters ?

Thank you ! :)

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Tire pressure is one must to have, which might not be quite clearly told in documentation.

However I think that easiest way for you would be to use wheels and tires of some vanilla car, at least for beginning as pressure wheels from the scratch are quite bit of work.

Just make sure you examine also suspension and differential code of car which you use wheels, there were some node naming in wheels which had to match to your vehicle so examining those other files too reveals to you which kind of node naming you need to use.

Wheels and tires were in common.zip, for wheels path is steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\content\vehicles\common.zip\vehicles\common\wheels and they are kinda put into bunch, so first look what is wheel name in vanilla car you want to use wheels and tires, then use search to find it, same for tires then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice