Computer building guide

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by BlueScreen, Mar 1, 2015.

1. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Some of us have had such horrendous histories with AMD that we dont want to touch them with a bargepole.

2. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough. I've yet to have issues with any brand hardware. Owned many AMD cards, only had minor driver issues with my 270 running 3ds Max, but it was actually more stable when gaming than my 970 with both cards overclocked.

3. James Smith

James Smith
    Expand Collapse

All right, I know very little about building PC's, so I just have a few questions about building a gaming computer to run Beamng.drive.
    -I know that pre-build PC's are more expensive than built PC's, so what about digital storm PC's, do they actually use any specialized components, or just the same stuff I could buy and assemble myself?
    -How difficult is it to build a gaming PC, once I have all the parts, is it like plugging a few cables in and putting some screws in, or is it much more complex?
    -Any of you who have a PC that can run Beamng at Utah on high settings with 50+ FPS, what components are in your PC? I only ask because I am a bit confused by this and I would like to know what you have that works.

4. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Same stuff. Might have a custom case but that's about it.
    Very easy. Basically expensive lego, mostly tool-less too (only 6-8 screws to mount the motherboard).
    See my signature. Actually runs at 60-70 FPS.
    Any build listed on this guide from $600 up should run Beam on high settings just fine.

5. James Smith

James Smith
    Expand Collapse

Some of the PC partpicker builds you have listed do not have a CPU cooler(like this one), why is that?

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

because intel and AMD both include a cooler in their boxed retail units. Its not a good one, but it works. Most people prefer to leave it in the box and use an aftermarket cooler, but on a budget they will suffice.

• Like Like x 2
  7. James Smith

James Smith
    Expand Collapse

Ah, I thought the part was left out for some reason. That is nice to know, thank you.

8. Florian Hofer

Florian Hofer
    Expand Collapse

so i have no idea about computers....i will get help from my brother and some friends when buying one...but for now...can anyone make me a list for the optimal gaming pc between 900 and 1100 $ ?

9. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

That'd probably be something around the mark of an RX 480 and an entry level i5 or i3 I think.

10. Florian Hofer

Florian Hofer
    Expand Collapse

ok thanks

11. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

for $900 you can get a 480 and a 6600K, $1100 you can get a 1070 and 6600K.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice