Computer Upgrade Fail

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by jackeo21, Aug 16, 2013.

1. jackeo21

jackeo21
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys, I just need some very technical help. I recently upgraded my pc and it's not going too well... Firstly, not the biggest issue, On my motherboard I get a d6 error, usually preventing display. I have to clear cmos a few times before it works.

Secondly, a graphical problem. Under every 20 seconds I get a blackout and a Untitled.jpg Display driver has stopped working and has recovered.

Specs:
    i7 3770
    AsRock P67 Pro3
    Aywun 550w PSU
    8gb Vengeance RAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. blinkingyellow

blinkingyellow
    Expand Collapse

Maybe your graphics card is slightly overclocked, and need to get it's Ghz's Down, try to use Vtune, or other overclokcing software to get your Card's frequency down.

3. DaJeroen

DaJeroen
    Expand Collapse

Listen up!

This has nothing to do with your pc!

Open the taskmanager, go to processes. Look for iehighutil.exe

If you can find it, consider yourself lucky. Rightclick on it, and go to the file location.

Now go back to the task manager. Stop the process iehighutil.exe and after that remove the file locations folder.

This is a bitcoin miner virus. It uses your graphics card to mine bitcoins. I've had this before and some other people did too.

Hope this helps!

If you need more help add me on Steam.

THIS IS NOT KNOWN BY VIRUSSCANNERS YET. IT WON'T GET DETECTED!

- - - Updated - - -

Did it work :eek:?

4. jackeo21

jackeo21
    Expand Collapse

No, unfortunately I cant find it!

Any more suggestions?

5. Creak92

Creak92
    Expand Collapse

How would a possible virus infection in Windows prevent the Bios from loading so that he has to clear the cmos?
    I looked up the D6 error code and found out that it's most often caused by some graphics card problems. Could you remove and then reinsert your graphics card to make sure it has been installed correctly? Also make sure that, if your card requires an additional six-pin plug, you've not forgotten to hook it up to your PSU.

If this won't help try your old card again. If it works fine you should RMA the new card since it might be faulty.

#5 Creak92, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice