1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

configuration

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by adam wiese, Jan 10, 2018.

1. adam wiese

adam wiese
    Expand Collapse

I dont know how to make a skin so that when you load up a car it spawns with the skin on the car instead of having to select the skin in the parts menu.

2. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

What you're trying to do is make a config mod. It is really easy :)
    In addition to your skin folder, you'll also need an info.json, a vehicle preview image, and a .pc file for the vehicle. Here's an example view inside of the folder. This is a config I made for the Civetta Bolide "Lizardback Sport." The folder contains both the folder for the skin and the files needed for the config.
    reference.jpg
    1. The .pc file contains all the information about the config of the car. (it is a list of parts that correspond to that particular vehicle config) The game generates this for you when you save a vehicle config. This is what you should do first, so that the folder structure is pre-made for you.
    2. The image preview can be made via the in-game Thumbnail generator app. The picture must be 400px wide by 192px tall.
    3. The info.json contains all the information to be displayed about your car on the selection menu reference2.jpg

3. adam wiese

adam wiese
    Expand Collapse

where are you supposed to find the thumbnail and .pc file cuz i looked in my documents/ beamng/ mods/ and then looked in c drive/ steam/ steam apps/ common/ beamng/ content/ vehicles/ hopper/ vehicals/ hopper/

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Documents/BeamNG.Drive/vehicles/<vehiclename>

5. adam wiese

adam wiese
    Expand Collapse

its not showing up in the configurations of hopper. i dont know if I did something wrong but you can still select skin in the parts menu

Attached Files:

6. adam wiese

adam wiese
    Expand Collapse

fixed it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice