Console vs PC, now newly updated

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Kitteh5, May 26, 2013.

1. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

To start off, the Xbox One. Yes, it is cool. I watched the whole launch video on Xbox Live yesterday. And it has an 8-core AMD processor, 8GB RAM, and a 500 GB HDD. Good stuff. But this build, here, is OC'd, has 32 GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM, oh, and 2 7990s. As of now, I do not have that PC, but will build it soon, and here is a link: http://www,pcpartpicker.com/user/cad5359/saved/#savedbuild_381199 and my Asus X54C laptop I am typing on is (read signature) and my Xbox 360 beats it as of now, with a triple-core processor clocked at 3.4 GHz and 512 MB RAM. But my PC has 4 GB. If I build my PC and get a Xbox One, I will say "Xbox On" whilst looking on le forums on this PC. As of now, my PC is slower than my Xbox. But I still say PC gaming is best. What about you guys? What gaming situation are you in and what type of gaming do you prefer?

2. GeoTelnet111

GeoTelnet111
    Expand Collapse

For me, I MIGHT buy the new console. I am kind of in-between the PS4 and the Xbox ONE, I probably will go with ONE because of the features. But, I will still remain a die hard PC gamer. :) If you look at the big picture, every console is a PC with different specs you are stuck with, and no upgrades, with a few exceptions of course. They should really consider something like a console, that can cross platform between the Xbox, Play Station (3 and above) and the PC. I mean, think about it, cross platforming Battlefield 3?! I would be able to play with my friends that DON'T have PCs. Of course, then you have to balance the terms of the highly skilled Mouse and Keyboard users, with the noob players with controllers. - So, I'm going to be on PC for quite a while. :cool:

3. Goose900

Goose900
    Expand Collapse

PC will always be my preferred platform, its a lot more open and I can customise the looks of the actual pc and the software on it if I wish.
    The fact that PC is upgradeable make it worth it as well in my opinion, because a console will lose its actual good performance within a year or two, where as you can make the upgrades to your PC to keep it going for years to come.

All of that said, I'll probably still get one of the consoles for their exclusive games, The same as I have a PS3 just for Gran Turismo 5. PC's will be my main choice though.

4. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

In terms of power, consoles are light years from computers, even when they are released, that's why I stick to PC.

5. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the new consoles are x times better than the old gen, but still barely up to the computers' power.

I've only liked the PlayStation 1 and 2, then I went on to PC and I think it is a lot better.

6. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

To be fair, the average joe doesn't want his xbox sounding like a tornado or have watercooling come with it. And it has to fit on a desk.

7. Goose900

Goose900
    Expand Collapse

Also, to be fair, something high powered doesnt have to sound like a tornado... My pc is whisper quiet with only fans in it. and even when the stock cpu cooler was on it, it still was barely audible. Sure its relativly big at the moment, but with todays tech you can make it a lot smaller.

8. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

My PS3 is louder than my PC, and it is the slim version...

9. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I challenge you to find a quiet 7970+ gfx card and a 3770+ CPU that will be quiet in a case that can fit on a desk.

10. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Back on topic!

11. .Alpha

.Alpha
    Expand Collapse

I can do on-topic, I'll buy the Xbox one, and I'll own a PC. They are pretty different so I don't really see the point in comparing them. A game console is for playing games and it can do other stuff on the side, a PC is an everything machine and it can play games one the side. Simple as that, no bother comparing since they are meant for different things for different people.

#11 .Alpha, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
  12. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i was never off-topic, lol, but anyways, ill most likeley get the ps4, and of course, upgrade my main desktop pc as needed (Desktop #1 in my sig of course, oh, and btw, im actually getting a 560 ti, not a 2gb ssc gtx 650 ti, i need to update my sig ;))

#12 logoster, May 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  13. Goose900

Goose900
    Expand Collapse

Off topic. I'd gladly put my system in a case like that if I had money to throw around, and I can guarantee it'd still be quiet. And like Davidbc said, The consoles I own are louder than my full sized tower that holds two GPU's a high end CPU 3 HDD's and a 850 watt power supply.
    If the thing you want is built properly I can guarantee it'll be quiet.
    Sorry about the off topic only post.

14. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

Can't resist, too perfect :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA_JoGGAmSE

15. daveywaveyHD

daveywaveyHD
    Expand Collapse

16. Superman

Superman
    Expand Collapse

Console pros
    • Just stick in a disc and play
    • Used games
    • Small
    • Easy to use
    • Low price

PC pros

• Wider variety of games
    • Fully backwards compatable
    • Not just used for games (office work too)
    • Higher screen resolutions and framerates
    • More graphical features in games
    • Can use a wide variety of periphials
    • Not a closed system meaning devs can update their games freely

I reckon BeamNG should come to the next-gen of consoles :)

17. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

You can add ''free'' grames to PC pros, if you know what I mean xD

18. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Emulators? Hacked games?

19. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

hacked games yeah xDDD Sometimes is not worth buying the game when you're just gonna play the story mode and uninstall it.

20. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, if I like a game or want to play multiplayer without any trouble, I will just buy it, otherwise if it's not worth buying and I won't be playing multiplayer I just anchor my ship
    (I will definitely buy BeamNG ^^)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice