Console vs PC, now newly updated

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Kitteh5, May 26, 2013.

1. FreddyJones

FreddyJones
    Expand Collapse

For me, I use my ridiculously large $900 computer that won't fit in my desk, considering it has an AMD A10 it's pretty ludicrous... But I believe that gaming consoles are more ludicrous; I only want one machine (computer) that can be used for school and RoR too, not 2+

2. MSanti98

MSanti98
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, I love xbox. I've gone from the original xbox to the 360, So I wouldn't mind getting the One. I also like the PS3 as well so I don't care which one is better but if I had to choose, i'd take Pc just for the fact that you can do future upgrades and is more free to mod games on. Pretty much I'm saying I love both Pc and Console.

3. Dan1035

Dan1035
    Expand Collapse

I have to say both, PC, because you can use it for anything, not only for gaming and it's more powerful. Console, (for me) because of the console excusive games. (Halo, Midnight Club 3 & above, etc.)

4. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Not sure how many of these will apply to the XBone, right now it looks like maybe none at all.

5. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

That's a fair point

6. GeoTelnet111

GeoTelnet111
    Expand Collapse

Eh, I know I already replied, BUT

Xbox ONE;

TV
    TV
    TV
    MOVIES
    MOVIES
    FRIENDS
    FACEBOOK
    TWITTER
    ... Oh wait, we forgot about games... let's make a crappy CoD to make up for it's lack of gaming.

It seems like the PS4 will be better off, sorry Microsoft, but the PS4 will be the true next gen console. Am I right?? At the PS4 reveal, they had a crap ton more game tech demos then the two that MICROsoft did at their reveal. And, not to mention, the PS4 will be twice as powerful.

IDK, but I may go with the PS4, as my back up. My $800 gaming rig, will soon be obsolete. :p

7. .Alpha

.Alpha
    Expand Collapse

I would rather wait for E3 to see what you can bash microsoft with than right now when most things are rumors.

8. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

I hope you bought that more than, like, 4 years ago then, because if you spent 800$ on a (self-built) gaming rig, it should have way higher specs than the PS4... Otherwise you litterally threw money away :/ Even with a pre-built one it shouldn't be too far off in specs for that money :/

#28 Mythbuster, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  9. GeoTelnet111

GeoTelnet111
    Expand Collapse

LOL, No. I just built it about 3-4 months ago. I meant, it will SOON be, not in the next year or so.. But in 3-4 years. x)

But, my specs are someplace else. I cant remember, I don't feel like putting them up again. lol

10. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

The world of prebuilts is crap. I spent $1200 and it's really showing it's age. The CD drive, PSU and GPU all died so the total cost is now more like $1500. But all aside, if anything I am getting the PS4.

11. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Sticking with my trusty ps3. Not a fan of Micro$haft and I'm solidly converted to PC gaming now.

12. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

These would be my choices: PS1,PS2,Xbox 360,PS4.
    I only had the ps1 and ps2, then I moved to PC gaming and I have no intent of moving to console gaming, I'm just saying I wouldn't choose Micro$*** too.

13. eletricmano

eletricmano
    Expand Collapse

I'll just stay with my PS3 here, I will probably soon be converted to a PC gamer, but for now just PS3 for gaming.

14. Antonov225

Antonov225
    Expand Collapse

Consoles don't have steam.

15. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

ps4, as now the only game that would have kept me on xbone, is going to be on ps4 :D (minecraft) and, one of the few pc games that actually run on my intel hd 2500 will be a ps4 launch title as well (War Thunder :)) so yeah, ps4

16. AceDeucey

AceDeucey
    Expand Collapse

I have a wii u. I don't play console games a lot. I only really play socially. When my friends are over, Nintendoland is a hoot and a half, even for those who are just watching. I'm gonna stick with my PC for the games I do play, mostly because I see it as the most accessible platform for games. And that, I can't stress enough. A lot of under-the-radar niche games are only seen on PC. I think consoles are more full of high-budget games. Not to say that those are bad, quite the opposite, actually. Sometimes, I think that they just lack creativity.

17. Iceman00789

Iceman00789
    Expand Collapse

I preordered 3 PS4s. Call me stupid, I know.

(Before anyone tries to call me on it.)
    Crazy_Order.jpg

#37 Iceman00789, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  18. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

It's ok, I had 2 PS3 :cool: (1 for me and 1 for my brother, we used to play online together until we started with pc gaming :rolleyes:)

19. kubus765

kubus765
    Expand Collapse

pc 4ever br0s i n3ver give up fo' s0me god damn cons0le...

No seriously, mainly all you can do on a console is play games (and watch TV XD). On a PC you can do everything you want, consoles are made from PC's. There's more games for a PC, a lot of programs. Graphics are better on a PC, a PC will be always a step forward.

20. Scudetto

Scudetto
    Expand Collapse

Dunno but how I see the thing:

Budget (example 300e in my country): Console wins

Unlimited money: PC wins

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice